Act of Faith

Sinthos117

Flipping through my codex and a question comes to mind:  If a special character joins a unit, then does the character gain the benefits of the unit's Act of Faith and vice versa?  Example:  If the Saint joins a unit of Repentia, would she gain the benefits of 3+ Feel No Pain?

That's how I read it, as long as the character also has the 'Act of Faith' special rule then it's a go. So it's a short list of what we can add but it's still good for the Saint to gain the Shred of the Seraphim's power

Thanks Anjetto.  That is what I thought, but I wanted to make sure.  I tend to bounce my Saint around from squad to squad to use her high mobility and good armor to the best ability.  No I can threaten with shred one turn and a 2+ 3+ FNP the next.  Awesome.

If a special character joins a unit, {snip}

There are only two who can benefit from a unit's Act of Faith. Saint Celestine and Uriah Jacobus. All models in the unit must have either Acts of Faith or Battle Hymns in order to test. If any character (special or otherwise) without one of those rules joins a unit of Adepta Sororitas, then the unit cannot attempt to use its Act of Faith.

The Saint with Repentia makes them absurdly good.  I am running a squad of 10 with an attached priest with the Litanies of Faith.  On the charge the Saint soaks up any over watch shots with her high armor and the FNP.  In combat the priest gives the squad rerolls to hit and reroll of saves.  This matters little for the repentia, but it is huge for the Saint.  Reroll a 2+ with a 3+ FNP for the few that get through?  Stupid good.  Add the fact that she is tanking all non strength 6 wounds before the repentia get to swing and you see a dead opposing squad every time.  Very powerful and a huge pain to deal with.

Archived