2k Sons of Horus

Ion

The Xiphon is there as anti-air primarily, since it's in the air whether or not a Mortis Contemptor can take a drop pod. I'm hoping the long range of its missiles would help it avoid the brunt of AA fire, but obviously that'd require testing.

Is it really worth taking melta on a support squad considering all that armoured ceramite going around?

Well you don't have may anti tank options on support squads, you might just do fine with plasma or volkites and meltabombs after all. Even just the flamers are good, but you are going to drop them near to hordes, not vehicles. Again i suppose you will be playing against 30k armies, i was thinking about the haywire rule on graviton guns, since you can have 4 of them on a 20 model squad, but they really costs a lot.

Otherwise the most reliable infantry anti tank options (if we rule out meltaguns, which depends if you are going to play a 30k or 40k game) are meltabombs, plasma for av 12 vehicles and below, volkites for av 11 (or av 12 if you have enough shots), graviton guns (if you are the legion that can play them everywhere) rapiers with mortar or laser destroyer array.

By the way 10 meltaguns can kill a vehicle without the melt rule easily!

Archived