++Daemon Forge III - Khorne theme ++

Here is my wip of Khârn. I finished the helmet yesterday.

Still one of my favrout classic models.  I'll need to get around to paint strip & re-paint the metal Khârn model go along with the Forge World one I pick up last year during Throne of Skulls March that Warhammer World.

Khorne Berzerker - I get photo tomorrow of the three current models I've got for my unit.  Part arrive today so hopeful convert another one later today.

Would it be possible to make the dog banners with the specific challenge for each number, for example I haven't taken part in any so far and of o were to start with this one I can have a 3 with khorne or a plain 1 but no 1 with khorne. Just an observation really.

Would it be possible to make the dog banners with the specific challenge for each number, for example I haven't taken part in any so far and of o were to start with this one I can have a 3 with khorne or a plain 1 but no 1 with khorne. Just an observation really.

Agree it'd be nice to have a "place holder" icon, such as an X or a skull, with the challenge name underneath

Just spoted this

All icon are seprate, allow memeber to copy & paste the once they've take part.

So in this case, your take part in Khorne. You can ether do it this way

gallery_29004_9303_25058.jpg

gallery_29004_10514_2007.jpg

Or

If a memeber miss out on a DaemoN Forge challenge, can easily have it like this - Say they took part in Sorcerer & this, Khorne, but not the single spure Champion

gallery_29004_10383_948.jpggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpg

Just copy & paste the icon. Each one seprate to allow memeber add the once they've take part in :D

gallery_29004_10383_948.jpg

gallery_29004_10514_2952.jpg

Hope this help out. Each challenge will have a single icon like those that memeber can add to there Daemon Forge banner. Apart from number, nothing out place, each one join up & have a cool Chaos star icon on the side to join with each other & the Daemon forge banner.

I found these guys when I was cleaning the garage and had to enter them.

http://i.imgur.com/iaUIAbd.jpg

The unit's undercoated with the horns and swords base coated, just need to pick up some Mephiston Red for the skin.

These guys are bit special as they are the first kit my wife ever bought for me when the kit was released. Unfortunately I set them aside till after exams and then moved out of student digs. Thought I'd lost them until.

Agree it'd be nice to have a "place holder" icon, such as an X or a skull, with the challenge name underneath

This is a possibility. Think a skull or Chaos Star would work.

Which would you like IP? Should be able to make it tonight.

http://shrani.si/f/3C/eT/5TzqRyJ/2015-04-06-133158.jpg

Zacharias the Red, Champion of Khorne, Chapter of the Broken Seal, Word Bearers Chaos Legion

... and it is done. One more oath completed, one more token for my Daemon Forge banner. I quite like this monthly event. Can't wait for May to see what IP has in store for us. 

Part of me thinks it should be an Aquilla, as we have thoroughly failed Chaos smile.png

More seriously, a skull would be cool

Annoyingly I can't post WIP shots of my Berzerker squad and Chaos Lord as I cracked my phone screen and the camera on my old phone is useless.

Part of me thinks it should be an Aquilla, as we have thoroughly failed Chaos smile.png

Don't make me turn you over to the flesh crafters.

Borrowed a camera to get these up, as I'm pretty happy with how they've turned out. The Chaos Lord is magnetised to the saddle for ease of transporting, and I'm not 100% sure whether to give him a shield to hide a small magnet to grasp the chain, or leave it loose.

The Berzerkers are a mix of Skullreapers and Berzerkers to try and get a unique model that screams Khorne, and the remaining parts will make a second squad using primarily power armour to give me the choice between fielding them as Berzerkers or Khornate CSM.

Khorne Berzerker After 2

Khorne Berzerker After 3

Great models!

Do you have a pic of the Skull Berserkers next to some normal-sized dudes? I'm tempted to try them...

They're definitely bigger, though the 32mm base contributes to that as it's thicker than the 25mm by about 2mm. At a guess I'd say my Berzerkers were about on par with a Terminator in terms of mass which contributes towards the feel of the model

Can't wait to start on the next 8, just waiting 3 more sets of legs for a consistent feel over the squad.

Khorne Berzerker Size Comparison

Either I suck at photography or my tablet takes bad photos...probably both actually. I feel it looks better in person, though many people probably feel that way about their own works. I finished the Chaos Lord first, still working on the Chosen.

I felt it would be too similar to the Crimson Slaughter Lord so I added a world in the mouth of the face on the front of the armor, and the World Eater logo on the cloak, though it is hard to tell from the color of the cloak in the picture

20150408 205235

20150408 205326

Lot of really cool entry & it great seen a lot of classic (feel old now with a lot them being release when I started the hobby) models.

Here what I'm currently working on for Daemon Forge

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09562_zpshukjmv8c.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09563_zpsihacpdwh.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09564_zpsn0sgpqhu.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09597_zpsbblzmjww.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09598_zpsqovsopln.jpg

Try out the new Leadbelcher spray during the weekend on this model

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09603_zps9wzhocpi.jpg

I was hoping to get this Battle Brother fully painted yesterday but ended up with a pretty bad headache due to how I re-act to hot weather <_<

I'm hoping to try get a few parts this weekend to convert the rest of the Battle Brother for this Khorne Berzerker squad.

WinteryToast22 - If you pick up the weekly White Dwarfs there was a really good article on photos.  Or tale of painter have a article over on there blog.

The Lord model look really cool :D

Forte has kindly made a new icon for -Daemon Forge-

gallery_29004_10514_2890.jpg

My Berzerker are getting there. Right now I do have five Battle Brother converted, four them currently fully painted. If all can go to plan, I should have the Apothercary Battle Brother converted this weekend. It just another Battle Brother & Champion that will need to be converted. Unsure how I want the Champion to look right now.

See if I can get the Rhino Transport complete, might be able to pick up the Rhino kit tomorrow.

In case anyone's thinking about trying the Skullreaper conversions, I've started on the second batch, using the legs from the Skullreaper kits.

Let's just say the results are great if you were thinking of building Truescale Marines and I've uploaded a picture for comparison between the different size models, from an Ogryn, down to a regular Chaos Space Marine.

I'm not displeased with the miniatures, as they've gorgeously detailed, but they certainly will have trouble finding cover on the battlefield!

Khorne Chaos Space Marines Size

Thanks! You cant tell from the flash/light on the pic but the sword's 'white/bone' is better done, as it was just a lot smoother going on, and easier to highlight.

I still have a bottle of dheneb stone, so went that > pallid wych flesh -> skull white highlight.

Archived