EC - 1500 Help

Trydragon

Ok, So on the 15th were doing a HH Random double Torny day issuse is I wount be useing my Iron hands I be useing my mates EC :( so i need some help coming up with a Decent list any help would be nice.

Modles I have Avalible (Have to work with what my mate has)

HQs

Champ/Preator on a bike with Spear

Chaplin with Power Fist and Cronus

Chaplin with Jump Pack, Power fist and Cronus

Cent/Preator with Jump Pack, Spear

Librarian

Troops

20 Tactical

10 Assault with, 2xPower weapons champ with Thunder hammer

2x Rhinos

Elites

5x Palatine Blades

5x Terminators twin Lighting Claws

Contempter with Plsma Blaster and Multi-melta

Contempter Mortis with Dule Assault Cannons

MK4 Dread with Plasma

MK4 Dread with Twin linked Lascannons

Mk4 Dread with Heavy Bolters

3x Dreadnort Drop pods

Fast Attack

6x Outriders 3 with Twin Linked Plasma

Lighting with 3x missles

Land Speeder with Missles and Meltagun

Heavy Support

Landrader Phobos

Raptor

Scorpious

My idea, as i dont know who am teamed with i gone for a mobile force grab objectices and infliced damage ware i can my Champs Tool up for Charater assaantion being I7 Str 6 on the charge but it is a Torny and I want too Be conpetative so if anyone can See a good list in this lot Plz let me know :P 

HQ

Legion Champ, Arty, Bike, Phonix Blade, Refractor Feild, Sonic Shreker 155

Troops

2x Tact Squad, Power weapons, Arty Armour, Rhino 410

Eltes

Contempter Mortis with Duel Assault Cannons 180

Fast Attack

6x Outriders 3 with Twin Linked Plasma 255

Lighting, Phospex bombs, Krakken Missles 185

Heavy

Raptor xx

Scorpius xx

Total 1500

Well, the strong picks out of that list are definitely the Lightning (pref with a full load of Kraken), the Contemptor Mortis with twin Kheres, the Scorp, and the Fire Raptor.  Whatever list you put together should ideally have at least three of those in it.  I don't think I would double up on the flyers unless you run the EC RoW and bring them in on turn 2 guaranteed, or unless you can scare up a ADL with comms array from somewhere.

Your options for your troops are probably what is going to drive most of your other choices.  I see a couple ways forward there:

1. No RoW.  2x10 tacs or 1x20 tacs + 1x10 assault.

2. Pride of the legion, vets in rhinos and/or terminators in a land raider.

If all five of those terminators have lightning claws, I'd shy away from using them.  Having absolutely no AP2 melee in that squad could turn out really badly.  I'm sure they'd slaughter their way through marines, but I'm not sure you can dedicate that many points in this format to just killing marines.  If you're going to spend that kind of points, they really need to bring some AP2.  IMO, at least.

Outriders with plasmaguns are quite expensive.  On the one hand, T5 relentless twin linked plasmaguns.  On the other hand, 55 points a model.  You might end up having to use them anyway, but I wouldn't put them at the top of the list for your possible picks.

I've currently got a thing for MSU vets in rhinos, so this is my suggestion:

Praetor

-Jump Pack, Iron Halo, Paragon Blade, Sonic Shrieker

-Pride of the Legion

Centurion

-Chaplain, Powerfist, Crozius, Jump Pack

Contemptor-Mortis

-Twin Kheres

Veteran Tactical Squad

-5 members, Sniper USR, Rhino

Veteran Tactical Squad

-5 members, Sniper USR, Rhino

Legion Assault Squad

-10 Members, Sergeant with Thunderhammer, 2 Power Swords

Primaris Lightning

-4 Kraken Missiles

Javelin Attack Speeder (I assume this is what you were talking about?)

-Multimelta, Cyclone Missile Launcher, 2 Hunter-Killer Missiles

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius

The Paragon Blade could be swapped for the spear if you have to be 100% WYSIWYG.  Chappy and Praetor go in the assault squad for a fast & fearless assault unit with some AP2 and AP3 in there.  Vets in their Rhinos skirmish around the back, using sniper to try and pick off apothecaries/sergeants/etc with support from the Contemptor and Scorpius.  Lightning for dealing with any heavy armor, cause I'm sure someone there is going to be running a Spartan that will need popping.  The Javelin (assuming it's a Javelin, your description of it was not clear) can potentially outflank an dump a crapton of S8 into the side armor of some backfield unit.  Or rip up a heavy support squad, or whatever.

Strengths:

1. 5 mobile obj. sec units

2. Strong AA

3. 6 vehicles (even if half of them will die to a stiff breeze).

Weak points:

1. If your opponent focuses your vet squads and completely eliminates both, he can score an additional VP from PotL.

2. Assault Squads are overpriced.  They're a lot of points for what is mostly a bunch of ablative wounds for your Praetor and Chaplain.

If you can get away with some non-WYSIWYG models, field a Praetor in Termintor Armor with Paragon Blade with a 3 man Command Squad in the Phobos instead of the Praetor/Chaplain/Assault Squad specced here.

Archived