So, what's going on with the Admech?

Adeptus

We've got Codex Skitarii coming out in the next week or two.

Then I heard a whisper of a Codex Cult Mechanicus coming out in a month or two as well.

Now, for certain factions (like the Imperial Guard) we have two codexes. We have the main codex, and a supplement codex (because Stormtroopers need their own codex?).

Will Codex Skitarii be a supplement codex? (in which case, I don't want to buy it) or will it be a main codex? Is this Codex Cult Mechanicus actually coming out? And if so, will it be a main codex, or a supplement codex?

I don't want to buy a codex that only contains a handful of the factions units, but at the same time I don't want to wait for months and months and months for a codex that might never be released.

Do we have any idea of where this faction is going?

At this point I believe no one can confirm the rumor of an AdMech Codex. I would say it's coming because this whole release schedule stinks of last year's Militarum Tempestus and Astra Militarum double Codices release.

It's your call whether you buy the Skitarii Codex or not.

Codex: Skitarii is a stand alone codex.

"IF" there is a fuller Codex Adeptus Mechanicus, then it will considered a supplement. Just like Harlequin is to Eldar.

C:AM is still a rumour. Yes, there are mutterings about it, etc... but as it is not confirmed as fact it will remain a rumour.

For AM, this is what we have, so there is really no harm in getting it. The models will serve C:S and will likely serve C:AM.

It comes down to if you have the patience to wait and see, or if you want to get started now and stretch your mechadendrites for the next wave (if/when it comes).

[edit] what Mehman said since he beat me to it.][/edit]

To be fair, it's not a full priced codex. I think 33 bucks for a supplement is reasonable, especially considering you only need to buy 1 box (Skitarii) to qualify for the detachment and use them as allies.

Does anyone know how the no HQ thing will work in this codex? I've only seen bits about it

There's a basic detachment. The requirement is 2 troops and then you can take whatever else so it's really easy to add in to just about everything. Don't remember the max for each slot but it wasn't very limiting...I believe 2 FA was the lowest, which isn't bad considering there is only 1 FA unit ;)

Essentially, "you" are the HQ. You are the Adept, operating from orbit, in a secret bunker, etc...

For an example of the FOC, here is my 'battle maniple' list. I tried to include every unit with every option.

Until I get Codex: Skitarii in my anxious little mechadendrites, this will have to do.

++++++++++ ADEPTUS MECHANICUS: SKITARII MANIPLE FORMATION ++++++++++ 

Estimated Points: 5170 - 5755 (not including special wargear or relics for Alphas and Princeps)

FOC: 4 Elites + 8 Troops (2 mandatory) + 2 Fast Attack + 4 Heavy Support + 1 Fortification

ELITES (1340 points)

EL Sicarian Ruststalkers (10) - sicarian battle armour, transonic razor, chordclaw, mindscrambler grenades 
 EL Sicarian Ruststalkers (10) - sicarian battle armour, two transonic blades
 EL Sicarian Infiltrators (10) - sicarian battle armour, stubcarbine, power sword
 EL Sicarian Infiltrators (10) - sicarian battle armour, flechette blasters, laser goads

TROOPS (1500 points)

TR Skitarii Vanguard (10) - skitarii war plate, 7x radium carbines,  enhanced data-tether, 3x arc rifles
 TR Skitarii Vanguard (10) - skitarii war plate, 7x radium carbines,  omni-spex, 3x transuranic arquebus
 TR Skitarii Vanguard (10) - skitarii war plate, 7x radium carbines,  enhanced data-tether, 3x plasma calivers 
 TR Skitarii Vanguard (10) - skitarii war plate, 7x radium carbines,  omni-spex, 1x arc rifle, 1x transuranic aquebus, 1x plasma caliver
 TR Skitarii Rangers (10) - skitarii war plate, 7x galvanic rifles,  enhanced data-tether, 3x arc rifles 
 TR Skitarii Rangers (10) - skitarii war plate, 7x galvanic rifles,  omni-spex, 3x transuranic arquebus
 TR Skitarii Rangers (10) - skitarii war plate, 7x galvanic rifles,  enhanced data-tether, 3x plasma calivers
 TR Skitarii Rangers (10) - skitarii war plate, 7x galvanic rifles,  omni-spex,  1x arc rifle, 1x transuranic aquebus, 1x plasma caliver

FAST ATTACKS (600 points)

FA Sydonian Dragoons (6) - 6x taser lance, broad spectrum data-tether, searchlight, 3x phosphor serpenta
 FA Sydonian Dragoons (6) - 6x radium jezzail, broad spectrum data-tether, searchlight, 3x phosphor serpenta   

HEAVY SUPPORTS (780 points + pick any two from 270 pts / 315 pts / 345pts / 375 pts)

HS Ironstrider Ballistarii (6) - twin-linked cognis autocannon, broad spectrum data-tether, searchlight
 HS Ironstrider Ballistarii (6) - twin-linked cognis lascannon, broad spectrum data-tether, searchlight
 HS Onager Dunecrawler (3) - *
 HS Onager Dunecrawler (3) - *

* optional choices (pick two)
 HS Onager Dunecrawler (3) - eradication beamer, broad spectrum data-tether, enamatus force field, searchlight
 HS Onager Dunecrawler (3) - twin-linked heavy phosphor blaster, broad spectrum data-tether, enamatus force field, searchlight
 HS Onager Dunecrawler (3) - neutron laser and cognis heavy stubber, broad spectrum data-tether, enamatus force field, searchlight
 HS Onager Dunecrawler (3) - icarus array, broad spectrum data-tether, enamatus force field, searchlight

FORTIFICATIONS ( 230 points )

FT Plasma Obliterator (1) - one emplaced plasma obliterator

Haha wow, that's crazy!  I think that could be over 2000 bucks worth of models!!!

Yeah, that's abut right. $2731 [edited to include dunecrawlers and plasma obliterator].

I now wish that I didn't spend so much on FW resin.

huge pile of unbuilt Mk II armours and IF torsos and helms glare accusingly at Rashbold... 

"Stop staring!" ... "anybody want to buy any resin?"... "I said, stop staring!" 

Would be a glorious list though!

I'm starting smaller and seeing it as a useful allied contingent - I am very excited to see how this scales up in future though.

I'll be using them as allies at first too.

I'm waiting on the 40 vanguard, 40 rangers, 10 ruststalkers, 10 infiltrators, 1 dragoon, and 1 ironstrider.  

The dragoons, ironstriders, and dunecrawlers are the tough part. They'll be built up slowly. I want to see how the bitz are for each to see if magnetizing can be an early option for weapon swaps. It will give me something to shoot for.

The dragoons, ironstriders, and dunecrawlers are the tough part. They'll be built up slowly. I want to see how the bitz are for each to see if magnetizing can be an early option for weapon swaps. It will give me something to shoot for.

From what I've been able to glean from looking, the autocannon/lascannon should be really simple, at least. It seems to be a matter of just swapping the barrels.

How will that work with warlord traits and other things that concern warlords? I can just imagine an opponent being dragged away by police while saying 'but i got slay the warlord' as his defense tongue.png

One of your Primes is the Warlord (they are, at least, all 2W models and able to buy a 4++).

Skitarii is GW's foot in the water. If it sells well, we'll get a full Admech Codex. If it doesn't then that's it. This all came about because of the success of Forge Worlds's Mechanicus line. You can bet we'll see some optional rules for converting 40k Skitarii into 30k Skitarii sometime soon. Right now I'd say its iffy if we'll get a full Admech Codex, although I hope we will.

...even as a dataslate formation/option/etc.

Even if the FW Heresy Mechanicum cyber-tech is considered rare for 40k, half-squad sizes for Thallax, one lone Castellax per Elite slot, Scyllax as FA, ...

Something can be done to add a little spice to 40K Mechanicum. The kitbashing possibilities would be worth it.

I'm excited for the idea of an "official" GW/FW crossover list for Mechanicum, but annoyed at the idea of paying FW prices and using resin (just not a fan, never have been).  I think my Skitarii are gonna stay pure GW regardless of what they decide to do with the line, simply because they'll be solid enough allies even if they don't work as a pure list.

I'm excited for the idea of an "official" GW/FW crossover list for Mechanicum, but annoyed at the idea of paying FW prices and using resin (just not a fan, never have been).

I wouldn't have minded if I had stayed true and originally invested in resin Mechanicum rather than Astartes. Unless I sell my marine resin to recoup at least half my investment, I'll be kitbashing my own Thallax, etc. Hmmm, I wonder if HH termies could become Thallax?

Archived