Eternities Sorrow, a VIII Legion WIP

Aeternus

So, Here we are Brothers and Sisters. Welcome the Deluded and the Enlightened all, to Eternities Sorrow in progress,the former 101st company of the lovely VIII Legion. I'll update ASAP with my 3 finished models, which you can see in our home thread, and will hopefully soon have the rest of the claws In Midnight Clad.

Ave Dominus Nox! 

tumblr_n8ehdpXj1P1s60s7go2_500.gif

So, here we have two member of 2nd claw, my Termi vets, and my finally completed raptor of 5th claw. Will provide more pics of all around if wanted.

The blue on raptor and termies is same colour, but camer made the Raptor appear almost smurf like :/

11102643_900449533348332_69140281045779211101664_900050833388202_1572001893_n.jp11117860_900050750054877_654756063_n.jpg

Loving that gif. A minor grammar question though. Is the title meant to refer to the sorrow of eternity? Then it should be rendered Eternity's Sorrow. Currently it suggests the sorrow of more than one eternity, which thinking about it, may have been what you were shooting for in the first place. If so, it should be Eternities' Sorrow.

Hope this is useful.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Loving that gif. A minor grammar question though. Is the title meant to refer to the sorrow of eternity? Then it should be rendered Eternity's Sorrow. Currently it suggests the sorrow of more than one eternity, which thinking about it, may have been what you were shooting for in the first place. If so, it should be Eternities' Sorrow.

Dallo

The title is the name of the warband I chose, but I can see what you are talking about. For reference, it will be Eternities' Sorrow if I can correct it.

Thanks for the reply and help :)

That's the effect I was going for ☺

Only problem I'm having is colour...bone like or lightning claw like. Due to them actually splitting through the gauntlet I am leaning more towards bone, but I plan to do one of each and compare

For the latest term, chose yo go with a duller brass color for trim, not sure if it came out well in picture, but will probably redo the earlier models. Next on list is to finish the two claws then either a lord, or a helchicken

I'll pick up a wash when I next hit the store, agree with you on that point.

I'll let you in on a little secret...nothing on any of my models are highlighted. I never learned how to, and it certainly shows when comparing them to others :( so that's why they aren't so good right now. Looking into, at some point, learning how to highlight, as it's something I could definately benefit from learning.

Opinion of claws? Wasn't really sure when I did the pattern :/

The claws look cool, brother. But I am however wondering if the red supposed to be the power field? Or simply a colour pattern on the claws? Either way, its a good looking idea.

As for highlights, its simple to learn the basics and then as with everything its all in the practice. Try, for the brass, to take your basic brass colour and add a hint of silver to it. Then just run that along the edges of the trims.  Thats the first step on the road to success.

The claws look cool, brother. But I am however wondering if the red supposed to be the power field? Or simply a colour pattern on the claws? Either way, its a good looking idea.

As for highlights, its simple to learn the basics and then as with everything its all in the practice. Try, for the brass, to take your basic brass colour and add a hint of silver to it. Then just run that along the edges of the trims.  Thats the first step on the road to success.

Thanks GrandMagnus and Kriegsmacht

The red didn't come out perfectly on camera, so will try another shot later. This supposed to be just a color pattern. I'll post my attempts at using your highlighting plan later, thanks for the advice :)

Bruticus...it could certainly work now I just have to think up names for all the others, and sort my back story out. Hopefully there aren't many transformer fans amount us, one would think they would be with tau

Decided on what I'm going to glue, green stuff and smash together into something resembling a hq...involves lemartes, chain glaives and more VIII legion goodness...two things I can't decide however.

1) is Lemartes current head...enough? 

2) melee or pistol in other hand...

Ok. I'm noting this so I don't get confused with my own army. and so you can see what I'll be doing.

Leader

Atramentar

1st claw - Term vets - 

2nd claw - Term vets - 

3rd claw - Templar style (chosen) - 

4th claw - The Charred (first member below, normal squad)

5th claw - The Hounds (bikes)

6th claw - The Hellscreachers (raptors)

7th claw - The Scourges (normal squad)

8th claw - The Accused (normal squad, all with red gauntlets)

Rest will be added as I go.

And here, is the first warrior of the Charred, albeit without his pads or backpack

11146129_904460082947277_2022235592_n.jp11116014_904460056280613_200126544_n.jpg

Thought the pose was decent. But now having bought a warriors of chaos box, I can't help but wonder what I'll use the other parts, aside from head for...

The cloaks would require some work to go on the marines, and not sure if they fit in with the feel. but there are skulls and whatnot, so I'll probably stick them somewhere.

Just wish there were more *active* legs in the chaos space marine box. not just all standing still sleep.png

A common problem (in my opinion) with all tactical marines from GW, their poses are to damn static. I wish they would give them some more life, like you see in FWs sculpts, it honestly cant be that hard for :cuss sake! (sorry, I always get angry about that :P )

However I have seen some conversions of chaos marines using the bodies from warriors of chaos. I dont like it personally but you should check I out, you might like what you see.

Heres an example: http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu166/lordsiwoc14/DSCN7745.jpg

Ugh...no. some of the warrior I like, but just...doesn't have the feel. I reckon I could use all the weapons and cloaks, but bodies may have to be cut up...

Might try remodeling one leg per set on a few so it looks more action or running, not sure how well it'll go tho :/

BUT, here is 1/2 of the marine. painted speedily.

11074533_904690749590877_504029219_n.jpg11134228_904690699590882_398822718_n.jpg

Archived