Eternities Sorrow, a VIII Legion WIP

Aeternus

And, to bring another update, here is the *almost* finished knife fighter, along with his bond brother, equipped with my attempt at a chainglaive. not sure about pose atm, might alter it.

For lil knifey, I know he looks ultrasmurf colour, blame it on my photo skills. Tried to really minimise the lightning effects, enough to notice, and small enough to be good, but not ott.

11093193_905283562864929_212749034_n.jpg11149156_905283579531594_92885287_n.jpg?11164145_905283589531593_199929731_n.jpg

Thanks :) the pose for No2 will be altered slightly, but I was a bit sad on the inside I couldn't do a 'come at me' left hand. had to go with pointing :/

Anyways, here is No3, you can probably see a recurring theme of melee weapons ;)

11166047_905591359500816_1152277833_n.jp

One of the Grey Knights ones, although I went over it with gs to cover up the loyalist markings, along with giving it a very heavily armoured kinda look, with a bit of battle damage.

Melee weapons AND bolters! Thats the way to go :D

Thanks Kriegs. Need to sharpen up the terror markings slightly, look nothing like a skull :/

Here is the ongoing project, including my attempt at highlighting. Gonna be the last update for a while (month) as exams about to be up.

11118538_906969642696321_292040325_n.jpg

How come it's only just NOW that I see that skull helm painted like a skull?

As far as the terror markings i'd like to think that the Night Lords aren't artisans so their markings would look a little off. tongue.png

It looks like to me that the paint on the ammo belt feed looks a little thick. Not sure if it's the paint or the gloss varnish(if that's what is causing the shininess).

Despite them not being the most artistic, I still need to make the markings vaguely resemble a skull, lol

I'll take another look at the paint on the ammo feed, I may have applied it a 'bit' too thickly, though I do certainly have a penchant for shinyness. Thanks for feedback :)

Sigh. Pictures, my true nemesis. I'll look at putting them in a gallery to see if that works, at the moment I'm using image URLs.

Are you using a mobile device or computer? Even I can't see them on the former, but hey usually work on the latter. I'll take a look at it later on tonight, but my thanks for visiting, even if you couldn't see or give advice :D

Sigh. Pictures, my true nemesis. I'll look at putting them in a gallery to see if that works, at the moment I'm using image URLs.

Are you using a mobile device or computer? Even I can't see them on the former, but hey usually work on the latter. I'll take a look at it later on tonight, but my thanks for visiting, even if you couldn't see or give advice biggrin.png

computer and mobile give the same pictureless result for me. looking forward to seeing your stuff :wink:

^^My thanks Kurgan. And welcome to the thread msn-wink.gif

Now, Since the previous pictures haven't worked, using the gallery method, here they all are. Apologies for the...size...

Only posting main ones showing front - pictures showing sides or backs are all in gallery

Showing: 3 Members of 2nd claw - The Reapers (Terminator Veterans)

4 Members of 4th claw - The Charred (Normal marines)

2 Members of 6th claw - The Hellscreachers (guess what, Raptors!)

Daemon Prince Kal'Thrax

Term 3 Front

Term 2 Front

Term 1

Raptor 2

Raptor 1 Picture 1

Marine 5 Front

Marine 4 Front

Marine 3 Mock up

Marine 2 Front

Marine 1 Front

Daemon Prince Front

Daemon Prince Side

Lightning Attempt

Thanks Krieg ^^ Although I'm redoing the lightning on chestplate.

Since he was slightly lost among the most recent pics, here is my attempt at ripping legs apart and putting them together as a Khornate laugh.png

Marine 5 Side

Marine 5 Front

Marine 5 Side

mmhm, picturesmsn-wink.gif

looks like your off to a good start.

most of the stuff i'd say has already been said and so my only advice for today would be to get yourself some clay shapers for your green stuff work. they made my modelling work so much easier :tu:

the leg conversion looks quite good, though i think he's leaning a little too much to his left. it looks a little uncomfortable to run that way.

Clay shapers will be added to the list. I really do need to get some tools - there is definately a limit on what you can just do with a knife.

The leaning is certainly not intentional, but I'm looking at how to base him to either make it look more comforable, or will have to chop up the legs again.

But thanks for reviewing happy.png

And here is the Special weapons guy. Originally tried with a heavy bolter, but these crouching legs were slightly too dynamic...and low, for that.

Marine 6

Thanks :) I felt I should do a few more normal poses, just firing bolters/plasma

Nope. I'm broke atm until I rescue my SM collection, which half will be sold, half will be reused, so no cash for FW bitz atm

Those legs are from a quite good for price Kabuki legionary set, and I felt they looked like a good mix of heresy and iron pattern armour, and I just wanted some kneeling legs ;)

UPDATES! Yay. Decided to sort out the pieces of a prince I have lying around, so sorted out lightning, worked on wings, deciding on whether to have even more runes...hm

And a snapshot of Plasma, without his weapon. went for the typical crying blood sort of look

Prince 1

Prince 2

Prince 3

Wing 1

Wing 2

Marine 6

Archived