Imperial Guard project

Metecury

Hello folks, I have recently decided to get back into the hobby with the intention to start a new, personalised, imperial guard army and I am looking for some advice as I have never been particularly good at this sort of thing.

Instead of going with the usual Cadian looking force I thought about adding bits from some warhammer fantasy empire sprue, getting something like this as a result http://i.imgur.com/CUHvSIO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/npab4fI.jpg

It's my first attempt at kitbashing and converting models so probably it's not perfect.

I am not really sure how to continue, I was thinking to use pistoliers bits for the veterans, men at arms bits for the standard troops and state troops+flagellants bits for conscripts. Ideas? Suggestions?

I was also thinking about using the handgunners arquebuse as a base for plasma guns, I could cut some parts from plasma pistols and normal plasma guns and add them to the arquebuses modifying them a bit. Do you guys think it would be worth it? Perhaps it would be better to stick with the normal plasma gun and use the arquebuse as a base for a sniper rifle?

I have no idea of what to do for vehicles aside from using fantasy bits for the guys on the turrets.

The colour scheme is also something on which I am undecided and so I wanted to ask you guys what do you think is the best out of these colour schemes here, I personally like them all and can't decide:

1) igbeta2.php?b62c=@iakk7_i3Wu4.i8PcKi6tYpi6tYpi8GmF._@@i7jsei7jsei8GmF_@@@..hpU3z_i87gpi3JKFhRbrs_&

2) igbeta2.php?b62c=@iakk7_i8PcK.i3Wu4@@@_.@@@@@.hVHO3hVHO3hVHO3__hpU3z.h3Avq@hRbrshnbw6&

3) igbeta2.php?b62c=@hghTl_hzuDP.hTW5B@@@.i3Wu4iakk7@@@@i3Wu4___..hpU3zi3Wu4_@hRbrshOv6M&

4) igbeta2.php?b62c=@h3Avq_i3r22.i8PcK@@@.i3Wu4iakk7@@@@hYrqH___..hpU3zi3Wu4_@hRbrshIaIz&

5) igbeta2.php?b62c=@hhG0S_i8PcK.hK83X@@@_.iakk7h4GXE@@@.h32x5h48Rwh48Rw__hpU3zi3Wu4hqviZ@hmjmehYbqS&

Welcome to the guard.

I am sure you are in the correct place now to get lots of advice especially from kierdale (on my phone so hard to add a link to his thread :( ) as he has done something very similar.

Welcome to the Guard and B&C, as elmo said Kier is doing something similar so check his WIP out for some great ideas that should answer most of your questions. When mixing bits like this you can do a lot of things as it's easy to justify using the standard bits or something more esoteric if you want :)

I like colour schemes 1, 3 and 4 but I'd probably go for 3. Darker colours feel more appropriate but would also be easier to paint :tu:

Love it, those are great wee kit bashes. There's loads of potential in mixing up kits across fantasy and 40k.

I quite like 3 as well, but the brighter colours of 2 might look better with all the feathery bits on the kits you're using.

Don't forget to sprinkle in plenty of 40k bits into your troops, otherwise they'll end up just looking like Empire troops on round bases rather than guardsmen,

you could paint the carapace armour to look like blackened steel armour, similar to this:

26f4c498d1a04bfeaae457d165ed10b0.jpg

You could use the state troops gunners arms and guns to get some unique looking lasguns! I think just adding a futuristic backpack, and some grenade pouches can really help turning the standard state gunners into a more neomedieval 40k regiment

Archived