So thats where Phospex went.

It's only a minor fluff point but I thought it was cool non the less.  Phospex is a very powerful destruction gas like substance (I kind of compare it to mustard gas but it happens instantaneously) that present in 30k but not in 40k, with the closest thing being the Phosphor Skitarii recently got which is kind of a weaker version. 

In the latest Skitarii book, there is a time line and on it there's a small event that happens around 009.M40 called the Fires of Conscience, where a Tech Priest by the name of Veriliad, after having won a stomach churning victory during the Cremation of Alcadia Secdundus knowingly destroys the STC for phospex weaponry.

It seems it lasted right up until 40k and then couldn't be replicated, I would of thought it would of been lost long before then, perhaps just after the heresy due to the aftermath of it and the fact marines were on the receiving end of it, then again that's probably wishful thinking.

There's at least one phosphex weapon still around - the Phosphoenix pistol from the Relics of Mars. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more stockpiles of phosphex weaponry laying around, even though they can't be replentished.

And if it was banned and put into safe keeping, there is only 1 place (or 2) it is...who better to guard secret experiments than the executioners...on Mjalner and Gormenjarl. Because why not, lol. Where did helfrost come from? Who else owns and operates not 1, but 2 Ramilles Star Forts? Who loves the secrets of Ramilles...Mechanicum, Mars, and relatively close and highly impregnable Fenris system....love speculation haha

I think it's a good move; Phosphex in 30k is pretty nasty stuff that remains on the battlefield after the shot's blast marker's been placed.  I think that 40k may be better off without it, lest the Lords Of Cheese find it... ;)

Archived