ETL IV is coming...

Captain Semper

So just so I understand how this goes. You only need 2 pictures: Before painting and After painting. They are both to be posted in the strategium forum thread and officially that is where the ETL will pull submissions and completions from?

Years ago I tried to do one of the painting contest but didn't read where we post our before and after pictures so I want to make sure I get this straight.

That is correct. The "before painting" image can include undercoated miniatures, but not basecoated, etc. Order of play on the 1st May is:

1. Semper spams the B&C with Strategium Threads
  2. Members post their initial vow in their Faction Strategium thread using the template given in step 1) - before 01/06/15
  3. Members either post their starting images directly in the Strategium, or have a link to it from their blog(s)
  4. Members either post their completion images directly in the Strategium, or have a link to it from their blog(s) - completion is what the Member is happy with/deems complete
  5. Members repeat steps 2) through 5)
  6. Semper locks the ETL IV gates on 01/08/15

Quick question I apologize I have been all over the ETL forums trying to gather as much info as possible. I used Army painter Dragon Red to prime some of my BAs... Does that count as a base coat....

EDIT: also... I was planning on priming my paladin and acheron with the gun metal army painter as well...

Post a picture and/or send Semper a PM.

If it is considered to be a basecoat rather than an undercoat, just take a picture of them "naked" and spray once you've submitted your vows.

I guess it could also depend on what you do once you've primed them. Do you work up to a different shade of red, or simply call it a day and grab a beer?

I put orange highlights on the red where the light hits it and hit it with a wash and battle damage wear and tear like a gun metal on the edges. So far the only things I have Red primed Is my Dual TH termie captain, Libby dred, and Furioso. 

EDIT: I PMed Captain Semper with pics and he said it is A okay!!

You will not.

Just complete your vow and glory awaits you! (and as a true Dark Angel and member of the Inner Circle I will not disclose what will happen if you fail biggrin.png)

But you can guarantee it will involve 'implements' and enthusiastic prodding with said 'implements' . msn-wink.gif

whistlingW.gif ph34r.png

One week until kick off!

Folks, use this week to fine tune your planning. Get your models based (if you do that at this point), undercoated and photographed. Make sure you have enough paints, tools, glue, etc. If you mix up your own colours, get them ready on a wet palette/pot ob Wednesday/Thursday next week.

For those of you who are undecided, just remember that every little helps. Even if it's just one model, provided you vow it between the 1st May and 1700 UTC (GMT) on the 1st June it's all good. (In my opinion) all that you need are three base colours to get a model battle ready and I would hope everyone can complete one colour a month! It's a long time and if you plan it out we will get there.

For Sanguinius!

What about allies? Can I pledge my Skitarii Rangers for BA?

Alas I basecoated Mephiston, a Stormraven and five assault marines as I had a game coming up [/guilty]

I do have Space Hulk termies I could do, just need to finish magnetising them to 40mm bases...

Well, if they are priced from a Chaos Codex then they are perfectly ETL-legal. People can paint their minis how they like them. By the same token, if you want to do a Green (for the sake of argument :P) BA Successor that looks suspiciously similar to DAs but it is priced from the BA Codex it is a legit entry... Not very much in the spirit of the ETL but I'm not going to police that. It's up to the frater to play in the spirit. 

Now the question above spoke about allies, i.e. to take entries from a different Codex to support the BA faction. This is not allowed. If one wants to use Skitarii mins as proxies for a BA entry I will consider it (although I can't think of what they would be counting-as given the Skitarii distinct looks).

But remember, since its inception, the ETL was about hard choices. ;)

Archived