ETL IV is coming...

I'll be getting scenic bases, I just have neither the patience or skill to do a base justice. :D

Now that I doubt at all. A large part of it I found is having a reason to do it and having an idea how. There's that other part though of actually enjoying basing which a lot of people don't (I used to find it a bit of a chore so don't worry, I'm not judging and never will. A hobby is a very personal thing and no one should ever tell you your doing it wrong. Unless you're trying to cheat at a game that is).

A challenge within the chaos community would be fun.

We have Daemon Forge which I started earily this year. The aim is each month have a set theme. So far we've had Sorcerer, the single spure Champion & Khorne (single, units, tanks, guard, knight, general Khorne theme to those models). Aim for member to ether show models they've already got in there collection or give them that sort of deadline to complete a unit they've been meaning to add (exsample Sorcerer) for agies but never gotten around to it.

There be different theme each month, from single models, units, tanks, monster, general theme, duly & object marker.

I'm currently using this month Daemon Forge to get my Iron Warriors Khorne Berzerker unit complete.

Then there also Call of Chaos with Captain Semper run which is really great & I highly recommend people take part in the Call of Chaos, so much cool hobby happen, lot great work & just chance to start up a new army or add to your current force. It really good fun & for me I pretty much spend my two & a half weeks off during the Christmas holidays getting as much painted as possible.

Which remind me, I seem to remember Captain Semper was going to paint Cypher & a unit of Fallen last year..........ph34r.pngbiggrin.png

We also have a lot of other great hobby event, just keep a eye out on the forum.

I'll hopeful be enter my first ETL, I have a unit in mind & have a lot of idea. Aim to pick up a lot of the parts when I'm down in Nottingham for the Warhammer World open day. Going pick up Khârn, Iron Hands Iron Father, IW heresy shoulder pads just to name few parts.

Really looking forward to converting up this unit & just the idea I have right now in my head.

I have one question: I'll be getting a large unit of 10 Chaos Terminators and building a custom Abaddon to lead them (though they will all be Word Bearers). Going to put some effort into making Aaby look suitably impressive, and working on making the termies look exta nice too. Can I count the termy unit as Bringers of Despair? As that's what I will be running them as.

Well, the Bringers of Despair get their extra points not from wargear or something tangible but from increased stats. The general rule of the ETL is that you can only claim points from items you can physically represent on the mini.

HAVING SAID THAT however, if you go the extra mile to try to convey their special status then you can claim the extra points. How will you achieve this is your call. You say you'll do them extra nice, which sounds promising, so go for it. If you are not happy with the end result they can always count as standard termies! :)

Fair?

Hey guys ! A quick question, is the pledge only about painting or also about assembling ? Because I just saw the thread and part of my new Chaos army is already assembled :/ But everything being unpainted !

Alright, so I pledge unpainted units to paint, then complete them to fulfill the vows ? Sounds cool !

Pretty much. Undercoated is also fine, so if you get a decent day for spraying use it!

Dragonlover

12 DAYS BROTHERS! DRENCH YOUR SWORDS IN THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT AND CONSIGN YOUR SOULS TO KHORNE!

I've not seen anything confirming this. And Khorne will never have my soul. He's not ambitious enough.

So, the Captain's been saying elsewhere that failure this year is worse than before. I have a feeling there's gonna be some kind of double deduction for failure or something similar. Presumably it's part of the megavow discouragement stuff. Either that or he just felt like keeping us all on our toes...

Dragonlover

So, the Captain's been saying elsewhere that failure this year is worse than before. I have a feeling there's gonna be some kind of double deduction for failure or something similar. Presumably it's part of the megavow discouragement stuff. Either that or he just felt like keeping us all on our toes...

Dragonlover

If you complete your vows, then everything will be fine. If not, the suffering begins...

Archived