Avenger Strike Fighter

Sume

Which is really ridiculous, by the way. It's a combination of a Stuka and an A-10 Thunderbolt, two of the most heavily armoured aircraft in history. Why does it have less armour than an interceptor?!

No, the Avenger doesn't - its not actually a Sisters asset, its an Imperial Navy asset that the Sisters can include. Hence not actually being piloted by Sisters, unless you're doing a conversion.

No, the Avenger doesn't - its not actually a Sisters asset, its an Imperial Navy asset that the Sisters can include. Hence not actually being piloted by Sisters, unless you're doing a conversion.

Done! =P

For the shield of faith: it's not our army-wide bonus (here's hoping that rumoured summer codex is coming up), so only Unit with the rule actually get it.

Not for priests

Not for Conclave

Not for Avenger...

But you could easily talk to your opponent for it, IIRC it's 5pts on a Rhino so an acceptable +10 ish or 15 points for it to stay in the fluff should not be too much.

If you really really want to stay fluffy at all costs tongue.png

I hear you on the so called rumored Codex AND New models but until I see it I'm not buying it lol. And if we do get a new book, one can hope we have access to other flyers or get one of our own for a change.

I hear you on the so called rumored Codex AND New models but until I see it I'm not buying it lol. And if we do get a new book, one can hope we have access to other flyers or get one of our own for a change.

Though we can all wish-list, I was just thinking in more practical terms: GW is slowly moving everything away from CAD and giving all the new factions some formations but mainly their own Detachment system. Most "army-wide" benefits are now Command Benefits, so i can already see the horizon: Sisters of Battle "mission" detachment - All Units in this detachment get "shield of faith". I was even going to add "get Adamantium Will", but it's already included....

Doesn't really matter for Priests or the Conclave though - the psychic defence is pointless and everything in a Conclave has a 5++ or better anyway.

Yeah, just pointing out Units "without" in our own Codex. Though I've always played my Avenger with shield of Faith, and the opponents love it.

It is dreaded and feared on every table since the game where my opponent thought a few Flakk missiles would take it down.

Only to get 1 Pen, and 1 shield of Faith on 3 consecutive Turns. Oooh a Pen; Its dead. Nope. Now its dead. Nope. Fire entire army left at it: 1 Pen.

Nope...

lol tongue.png

Only to get 1 Pen, and 1 shield of Faith on 3 consecutive Turns. Oooh a Pen; Its dead. Nope. Now its dead. Nope. Fire entire army left at it: 1 Pen.

Nope...

lol tongue.png

I've had that happen a lot with my sisters in general. The best one was a demolisher cannon covered 3 girls for a 5 squad and a exorcist with 1 hull pt left. 1 girl died, and the exorcist passed its shield of faith against the pen.....and proceeded to finish off the demolisher the next turn.

More on topic: The avenger, to me, is good for rounding out my list with volume of shots, especially with double CAD (yes I usually take 3 exorcists).

I'll be interested in what they do with Sisters' dedicated detachments and formations. They have a lot of options for modifying rules (Shield of faith bonus or re-roll, adamantium will or general psychic denial bonuses, passing AoF, allowing more AoF, etc)

I'm really hoping the Christmas rumours with sisters and marines being in the new 40k starter box are true...have faith Sisters! (And men who are honorary sisters!) msn-wink.gif

I also want to know ohmy.png

Last i had was a summer/late summer release lol, though it was one massive planet-size salt block sleep.png

Sisters rumours:

Redefining SoonTM

Archived