Death guard 1500 starter army.

Rykardh

I have just started playing and this is my first list.

What do you all think.

+++ Death (1492pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List

+ HQ (672pts) +

Legion Centurion (325) [Artificer Armour, Power Fist

····Rules: Consul, Independent Character, Legiones Astartes

····Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple

········Castellax [Darkfire Cannon

········Castellax [Darkfire Cannon

····Consul

········Praevian [Cortex Controller]

Legion Praetor (347pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chem-munitions, Combi-Weapon, Master of the Legion, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Paragon Blade

····Deathshroud Terminator Squad [4x Deathshroud Terminators

+ Troops (335pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (185pts) [Exchange their Bolters for a Chainsword or Combat Blade, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion Tactical Sergeant, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines.

Legion Tactical Squad (150pts) [Exchange their Bolters for a Chainsword or Combat Blade, Legion Tactical Sergeant, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines.

+ Heavy Support (485pts) +

Grave Warden Terminator Squad (200pts) [Chem-master, 4x Grave Warden Terminator.

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (130pts)

····Legion Predator Tank [Executioner Plasma Cannon, Heavy Bolters.

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (155pts) [Heavy Bolters.

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [XIV: Death Guard]

Which rite of war did you want to use?

I would be inclined to scrap the otherwise awesome looking grave wardens and grab transport for your HQ unit so they have a chance to reach their target in tact.

Also reconsider dropping the bolters from both tacticals as without them you lose range and fury of the legion if your forced to walk the board.

I really can't justift 2 HQs at 1,500 especially a Praetor + 1.

Unless you are expecting your opponent to deal with your castellax with poison, they gain little with DG legion doctrines. 

Look into getting lascannon sponsons for your Sicaran, it dramatically improves it's anti tank capabilities.

Your wardens could probably use a transport. If you drop the Praevian and the predator and move the Castellax to heavy, you can afford a landraider for the wardens and an extra castellax.

Sadly, Support Officers (Read: Praevian) can't be taken as the compulsory HQ choice.  So that means no Castellax if you remove the Praevian, unless there's another way with the newer books I'm not aware of.

Would dropping the Grave Wardens not be a better choice at this points level, especially given the HQ and command squad terminators without transport, adding them back in at 2k points with a Land Raider?  Looking at the stat lines of the Castellax, they do look to have more staying power at range than the Grave Wardens who will be shifting it across the board.

Don't forget from your Praetor to remove the written entry for the Combi-bolter and Power weapon which you have 'replaced' with Combi-weapon and Paragon blade.  Also, can you squeeze in some digi-lasers for an extra attack?

• 4 weeks later...
Great advice guys. I really like the grave wardens but I am willing to drop them till I up the points. Plus just brought the spartan model so maybe I can squeeze it in somewhere.

Archived