What are the sources of models for Acolytes?

Need naked acolytes, acolytes with bolters, and acolytes with special weapons.  I was thinking of getting some of the old Necromunda gangers and using them as acolytes (thought it'd be a cool backstory, too), but apparently GW doesn't sell them any more.  Anyone know of any other models that could be used as acolytes?  Inexpensive models?  I imagine IG, but which kits are the best deals, and is there anything cooler out there?

For my Accolytes I've been using old Kasrkin Astra Militarum models. Mine aren't bolter-armed but if they needed to be then they're "counts as" (I hate doing it that way).

They get used as Scions too so they are working hard for their living :yes:.

If you are dead set on wysiwyg then I think there are old Guard models with bolters (or maybe I dreamt that), or, SM Scouts with bolters is another option.

On gangers, you do see them on Ebay but they can be expensive.

Or, plastic Cadians and/or Scions and a good bits box :tu:

Cheers

I

Any model you can get to hold a bolter works for me, since the equipment is largely the same I raided a Guard model for my Inquisition painting challenge. A bit of bit bashing and done:

gallery_30308_3239_66019.jpg

It can be as simple as you like, as the Inquisition no doubt recruits from everywhere so you don't need an excuse to use a certain model so it's the perfect excuse to do whatever you want :P

I kitbash using Catachan and Cadian models, plus a bunch of bits from unused sprues from friends. Tempted to get a Scion Command box or a Skitarii box for the heads and bits.

Empire Flagellants from Fantasy are also cool sources of bits.

I also initially wanted to use Sisters of Sigmar for acolytes, but given their expensive nature and metal material (making them hard to repose) i settled on using them as Priestesses.

As others have said, basically use whatever you want then kit-bash to get bolters into their hands. Get bolters from a place like Bitz Barn if you don't have extras of your own.

I personally use Cadians with the hazardous environment masks carrying bolters but I have a few more unique acolytes kitbashing bits from other kits too. When I'm on a proper computer rather than my phone I'll post sample pics.

I use things like the guy with a bolt weapon carrying a box of stuff from the 5th edition box set, some of the old servo-skull/cherub models have a bolter, I have a really old Imperial Guard lieutenant who used to have a shotgun who now has a bolter (Corporal Dwayne Hicks) that has been in service in my collection for a good 10 years. I've got an old Squat model with a plasma gun (GW mini and everything), and have lately been thinking of getting one or two ratling models to give bolters to. I've done kit bashes with various Cadian and Catachan plastics, I've got a few Necromunda models that have pistols and CCW if I need Acolytes on the cheap. I've got a few retinue models that are technically Sisters HQ squad models that are still painted in my Inquisition colors from the Codex: Witch Hunters days. I've been tempted to get a set of Astra Militarum Advisors just for the mystic and the navy officer. I've got a few servitors from here and there, a cyber-mastiff from the Necromunda line, various psykers from the Astra Militarum.

In short, if GW makes it and it looks cool, you can probably work it in as a henchmen somewhere. smile.png Even those Thieving Grots, Ammo Runts and Grot Tekkies models I've been eyeing as "Acolytes"...

Archived