Sisters and Skitarii

Rasp

Hey all, wanted to get some opinions from those that know the fluff better than me (all of you).

I was thinking of adding some Skitarii to my sisters. I really like the models, and I think there might be some minor synergy as well.

My question is this: How taboo is it to mix the ecclesiarchy with the followers of the omnissiah?

My only story I know is the audio drama where a sister and a magos work together. They both seem to refer to the God Emperor, and have no relegions debates, but is there other more defining lore that would make this heretical?

Thanks

It depends a bit on how deeply rifted the Imperium is in your interpretation.

It's quite likely they're both pragmatic servants of the Imperium and get along about as well as the army co-operates with the navy.

Someone has to do the semi-routine maintenance of the ecclesiastic vehicle fleet and at some point they learned how at the temple of the Omnissiah.

Might be a bit like Gimli and Legolas at the Deep of Helm.

The Inquisitor 54mm game went into this stuff a fair bit, both groups have a variety of philosophical schools that would both be more and less inclined to co-operate with their contemporaries in the other group.

I might also suggest that any Inquisitor worth is seal would declare failing to co-operate to ensure the destruction of the Emperor's enemies a heresy.

I just finished a 2K game this weekend using Sororitas and Skitarii- from a play standpoint, they are great together. I used two units of Rangers, a group of infiltrators, several dragoons and a pair of Onagers- Along with 2 squads of 10 Sisters, 5 seraphim, a Cannoness, an Avenger, and an imperial knight. The Onagers were great as a walking support to the advancing Sisters gunline, and unlike Immolators, they are a little more durable because of 12 armor and a 5++ save. The sisters were able to lay down their usual hail of suppressive fire, and the various Skitarii backed it up with more precision shooting and special weapons.

From a fluff standpoint, I felt like Faith and Fire already set the stage for Sororitas and mechanicum to be fighting together- they don't have to like each other to be fighting a common enemy

They also both have that cool robe thing going on so you know.

Mechanically, the Skitarii's excellent shooting can set up the Sister's advance quite well.

Archived