Best transport for Vets?

I was thinking about that, the regular Taurox lacks the firepower of the prime, but, has all of the same basic characteristics IIRC. AV 11 10 10 3 HP with a Twin Linked Autocannon. Carries 10 models, has 3 access points, and has 2 fire points. Aside from armaments, the only difference between the two is that the prime is fast. The Taurox would fit perfectly with my army style.

We'll and the prime is only available to scions. But if recall correctly you have a big combined force with scions so that's not an issue. The basic taurox is good if you're looking for a budget transport and some long range fire support.

IIRC the standard taurox is not a fast vehicle. Not sure if that matters to you, since it's mostly useful to the prime, allowing more weapons to be shot. Then again, for trying to cross the board, nothing seems to do better than the prime. (24 inches of glory added to your 12 inch deployment)

Chimera is BS 3, so less hits.

Rhino is cheaper than the taurox, I'd love the option to take it for scions.

Land Raider is too expensive and the only reason to have one is an assault squad of hammernators or bullgryn. Bullgryn are batter by far in a fight, but more expensive, since you normally would want a commisar and a priest in the unit as well. (note that they aren't as good vs vehicles, especially ones with av14 all round)

Razorback is some kind of joke. Nobody with access to the chimera or taurox prime should bring one. Overpaying for a hybrid tank/transport that can't do either very well is for somebody else, not me.

I never said the Regular taurox was fast. Aside from you bring up good points, If I ever get Bullgryns I'll take them in a LRC for funsies...

I wasn't sure, I only have the scion codex, was looking for confirmation about whether the taurox had fast. Haven't tried bullgryns in a land raider, but I have had them fight my hammernators.... spoiler, the hammernators didn't win.msn-wink.gif

If I'm putting anything other than hammernators (or deathwing knights...put those in your pipe and see how they smoke bullgryns)  in a crusader, it's repentia...crazed combat strippers with eviscerators and a 3++...they do unspeakable things to a knight (even a proper titan) if they get the charge, and generally survive the resulting explosion...the trick is getting the charge without first getting shot to pieces...hence the land raider!

I never said the Regular taurox was fast. Aside from you bring up good points, If I ever get Bullgryns I'll take them in a LRC for funsies...

I wasn't sure, I only have the scion codex, was looking for confirmation about whether the taurox had fast. Haven't tried bullgryns in a land raider, but I have had them fight my hammernators.... spoiler, the hammernators didn't win.msn-wink.gif

I didn't mean to be a jerk. No the Taurox doesn't have fast. That's fine. If I'm going to use Hammernators, I gonna use Arjac's Shieldbrothers, their shield wall will do a hefty amount of damage.

If I'm putting anything other than hammernators (or deathwing knights...put those in your pipe and see how they smoke bullgryns)  in a crusader, it's repentia...crazed combat strippers with eviscerators and a 3++...they do unspeakable things to a knight (even a proper titan) if they get the charge, and generally survive the resulting explosion...the trick is getting the charge without first getting shot to pieces...hence the land raider!

Yes, they are nice.  Or death cult assassins but bullgryns? Never.

Archived