151st Panzergrenadier Solar Auxilia 2000 points

depthcharge12

I was having some fun playing around with the solar Auxilia list and decided to try a tank spam list. WHERE ARE YOUR A-T GODS NOW?!?! :P

HQ

Lord Marshal 100 points (blind barrage warlord trait)

+ Charnabal Sabre, Volkite Serpenta, grav generator

Elites

Household Retinue 140

+ Shroud bombs

+ Dracosan w/Flare shield 160

Troops

Primus Tercio

Las rifle section 100

+ Dracosan w/FS 160

Veletaris SS 140

+ Shroud bombs

+ Dracosan w/FS/Demo cannon 190

Secundus Tercio

Las rifle Section 100

+ Dracosan w/FS 160

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Assault Squad 370

+ 2 Incinerator Russ with HBs swapped for MLs

Bombard 180

Malcador Heavy Tank

+ Siege armor, demo cannon, flare shield

Total points - 2000

So this list was made to be a blitzkrieg assault type list (Hey diddle diddle, straight up the middle) that plays to the strengths of the SA. The Lord Marshall attaches to the household retinue who are meant to push up to enemy objectives and FIREH TEH LAZORS with preferred enemy. Shroud bombs and a grav wave generator will hopefully stop units from assaulting them to gain the impetus. A similarly equipped Veletaris squad pushes up with them and performs in a similar manner to support with a demo cannon.

The two las rifle section are for grabbing midfield objectives and holding them at any cost, which is where they excel at. The two Dracosans kill tanks or shoot at other big baddies that the SA can't deal with.

The two Incinerators are for deflagrate spam as well and to take down things like Castellax or light armor.

Obvious Malcador is obvious. While some people may be able to squeeze in a LoW, the Malcador is quick enough and resilient enough to stay with the list and drop more pie plates to distract the enemy. He can die quite easily to grav spam, but other than that can take quite a beating. The demo cannon and battle cannon can wipe out MeQs and TeQs in good order or take on other tanks. The autocannons lend support to the incinerators.

The Bombard is what I had points left for, but is still quite useful. He'll be helpful for uprooting troublesome marine squads in cover or the likely rapier batteries hiding away to kill my precious tanks.

I chose the blind barrage as it's easily the best warlord trait for this list. It gives my already tough tanks (AV13/14 and most with flare shields) an additional cover save regardless of where they are on the field the first turn and helps them move towards objectives, displace, or gain a better firing point. The Incinerators will likely be shooting at the same target to get the +1 BS...which makes them crazy good. BS4 twin linked with 10 S7 deflagrate shots, Das Vadanya Rodina.

What do you guys think? Can this list achieve no friends?! :P

Archived