New Tournament

Well still finishing off the Battle Reports from "kings of the North" but looks like I have "Durham Dakka" on the 22nd of August for 1500 points and "Teeside Smackdown" on the 25th of July just before for 1850.

Now looking at both these tournaments there was a mini one I missed where the player who won Kings won as well, at kings i fought him to a draw and did not have turn 5 in which I should of beat his Necron Spider Pylon force with Eldar Daemon Summoning, however him and his friend Immediatly went to eldar once the new codex hit... yes they are those kind of players.

Now in the 24 Entries I can see 7 Eldar Tournament players and 5 Space Wolf Tournamnet Players...

Yes fun is to be had... (Space Wolves players tend to take drop Podding Centurions with a Librarian)

So going from that I am trying to work out a hard counter to Wraith Knights as i expect to see 2 in every force due to the formation.

This is where you come in, I am happy to take allies but only from the following:

Black Templars

Death Watch (Would Use BA Rules)

Inquisition

Assassins

Knights

Consider nothing in those forces off Limits.

Now what do people think I should take to counter these cheese mongers?...

Jacobus: 

10 Sisters Repentia: 

Mistress of Repentence

5 Sisters of Battle:

Combi Plasma

Heavy Flamer

Melta Gun

Immolator:

Twin Linked Multi Melta

5 Sisters of Battle:

Combi Plasma

Heavy Flamer

Melta Gun

Immolator:

Twin Linked Multi Melta

Exorcist: 

Exorcist Missile Launcher

Storm Bolter

Exorcist: 

Storm Bolter

Storm Raven: 

Twin Linked Assault Cannons

Twin Linked Multi Melta

Storm Strike Missiles

Death Watch Librarian 

Combi Grav

5 Man Death Watch Squad: 

Combi Grav

Melta Gun

Drop Pod: 

Storm Bolter

5 Man Death Watch Squad: 

Combi Grav

Melta Gun

Drop Pod: 

Storm Bolter

Total is 1340 so far but I am not yet amazed.

I still Have the option of a Fast Attack Drop Pod and Inquisitors.

Considering a Command tank for Reserves as well. 

I know Repentia will tear an Imperial knight to shreds, but are they really that effective against the xenos MC ones?

Thats what I am unsure on.

At most though it will get 5 attacks, assuming it kills 4 I will get 24 attacks, 18 Should hit but only 3 would wound before invuns and FNP.

This is my concern.

Also looking at other options.

I know Repentia will tear an Imperial knight to shreds, but are they really that effective against the xenos MC ones?

Melee speaking they are one of our best counters to a Wraithknight... though slightly behind a Sisters blob squad deathstar.

Remeber it has stomp now, occuring at the same I step as the Repentia...

Also bikes can't use transports because they are not infantry :p

Stomps ruin blobs I find.

I know but even if it goes at the same time they will get to mace it. 

Bikes count as bulky, they have no dedicated transports but you can still put them in certain things I believe.

but no, I just need a hard counter it seems and gun lines/ drop pods are the only things i can see that could work atm. 

How about the repentia with jacobos riding in a storm raven?  Ya the new eldar codex and knight codex ruined my interest some in 40k again.  Thankfully my local area is only allowing 1 lord of war choice, after someone brought 5 knights to a tournament.  

How about the repentia with jacobos riding in a storm raven?  Ya the new eldar codex and knight codex ruined my interest some in 40k again.  Thankfully my local area is only allowing 1 lord of war choice, after someone brought 5 knights to a tournament.  

I was this about it but they would not stand a chance against it.

I am curious though it mat be a once LOW tournament but there is a formation which allows another and I am unsure if he would count towards this.

Formation or not, if it says 1 LoW than you cant bring 2, seems logical to me btw.

But if you want some ant Imperial Knight stuff you might want to check on Forgeworlds new Vindicator variant and ally with Black Templars. And since LoW are allowed they should come with the same ol' excuse of FW is OP.

Deimos Vindicator if iam not mistaken.

Other Tournaments have Gotten Around it like that in the past by using formations because he is not listed as a LOW and does not stop you taking one regularly also.

Not to keen on the new Vindicator to be honest.

I am currently looking at the following:

Cannoness

Eviserator

Exorcist

Exorcist

Avenger Strike Fighter

Avenger Gatling Cannon

Two Lascannons

Heavy Stubber

5 Sisters of Battle:

Combi Plasma

Heavy Flamer

Melta Gun

Immolator:

Twin Linked Multi Melta

5 Sisters of Battle:

Combi Plasma

Heavy Flamer

Melta Gun

Immolator:

Twin Linked Multi Melta

Cortez

Deathwatch Librarian

5 Deathwatch

Combi Melta

Melta Gun

Drop Pod

Storm Bolter

5 Deathwatch Sternguard

5 Combi Grav

Drop Pod

Storm Bolter

10 Deathwatch Devastators

4 Lascannons

Now looking at this I have less troops than I like but I have rerolls to hit, allot of anti armour, A dev squad with Cortez to help with drop podding Enemies and a pair of my own to deal with Wraith Knights.

I think at 1500 this may work.

Archived