Mars Pattern Warlord Titan semi-revealed

We all know that forgeworld has been planning something big. We got the cover of tempest leaked early on.

Now we have this:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/Events/whw-mars-warlord-bnr.jpg

So basically a knight on mega steroids.

Thoughts? I think it looks good, and that it will grow on me, but I do love the lucius pattern.

Still don't like it. I expected more from a Warlord Titan than what seems to boil down to a 3:1 Knight. They should have at least given it a different head, then it'd look sufficiently different (although classic Lucius would still have been better). It's kinda sad, I want to be excited, because a 40k scale Warlord is one of those 'I never thought I'd see' things, but this thing just leaves me cold.

I understand where the design is coming from, and it's very faithful to the Heresy-era chassis.  I fall in a generation of 40K players that looks to the Lucius-pattern as the definitive Warlord, though, so I'll stick with my scratchbuild version.

I'm very interested to see both a scale shot of the complete model, so I can tell how consistent or inconsistent my own will be.  I'm also hungering for rules.  Hopefully wide release of HH5 is just around the corner!

The biggest issue with posters on forums is that they set their expectations too high, which almost always ends in disappointment. I, on the other hand, learn to lower my expectations to the point that most things either meet or exceed what I anticipate might happen. Makes life more enjoyable.

SJ

A warlord titan needs something that is equal to it. So...I've got my moniker and I'll let that one just hang ;)

Tbh I had hoped they drew more of the imperator elements in. It's a bit dull in a way since we've seen the primary design elements from the knights already as has been stated.

it looks dreamy wub.png but that would probably turn into a nightmare...imagine the size of the resin pieces, and the probable warping of said parts and the amount of glue and pinning required to put it together... now when I look at it all I see is too much work mellow.png... LOL laugh.png who am I kidding, of course i'd love one !!!

*On a serious note though, the size and weight if made with their usual resin would make this a bit of a beast to work with unsure.png

Mithril

For anyone that's seen the actual pics, does it seem a little short to you?  Maybe it's just the angles/pose, but for some reason it doesn't "loom" the way I figured it would.  Maybe they should have put it alongside a Reaver/Warhound for scale instead of some random infantry model.

Yeah, you guys are probably right.  Maybe it's just because it doesn't look how I pictured it.  For me, it's always been the Titan on the cover of Titanicus.

Archived