Mars Pattern Warlord Titan semi-revealed

Warlords should only hit about 2 1/2 to 3 feet tall, with an Emperor pushing 4 feet. They ain't as big as people seem to think.

SJ

Many Lucius-pattern builds are based on the GW-built model in the old Defense of the Imperial Palace diorama, which depicts them as being a bit bigger. Also, scaling based on the DBTLDs on the old Epic model compared to those on the Warhound. They've since shrunk a bit, but you can only work with what you have at the time.

Warlords should only hit about 2 1/2 to 3 feet tall, with an Emperor pushing 4 feet. They ain't as big as people seem to think.

SJ

Many Lucius-pattern builds are based on the GW-built model in the old Defense of the Imperial Palace diorama, which depicts them as being a bit bigger. Also, scaling based on the DBTLDs on the old Epic model compared to those on the Warhound. They've since shrunk a bit, but you can only work with what you have at the time.
Actually, you'll find that the Warlord on that display is 30" tall, while the Banelord is 36" tall. The numbers I posted weren't made up.

SJ

So I was working out my finances to see if I could budget for a Warlord in the future. And I came to the conclusion that the answer is probably (my wife is buying another horse that costs twice as much anyway, lol). But then I realized I could get a Reaver + 2 Warhound Maniple for the same price as one Warlord. So now I'm conflicted as to which would be more 'worth it'. I'd only be buying to build and collect, not necessarily play. That said, I'm thinking still Warlord?

So I was working out my finances to see if I could budget for a Warlord in the future. And I came to the conclusion that the answer is probably (my wife is buying another horse that costs twice as much anyway, lol). But then I realized I could get a Reaver + 2 Warhound Maniple for the same price as one Warlord. So now I'm conflicted as to which would be more 'worth it'. I'd only be buying to build and collect, not necessarily play. That said, I'm thinking still Warlord?

Rule of cool wins = warlord.

However if you play, reaver plus warhound maniple.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat as you... once they go on sale, I need to make a very serious decision woot.gif

Archived