The Crimson Fist

Armfelt

I really like this book, it was really well written, I haven't read many Black library-books myself, but this one I could'nt put down, the same with the old Dark Angel novel.

Do anyone know if there is any book that continue the Polux and Sigismunds journey?

Sig's Audio Book is called Templar. I've been told it's pretty solid (shoddy hearing, can't stand audiobooks mellow.png ).

The Polux in The Crimson Fist and the Polux in Unremembered empire are two different creatures. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but it's definitely a different take on the character.

If you're digging Crimson Fist, I'd suggest reading Hands of the Emperor. You get to meet Kataflaque, the Legionnaire who eventually founds the Excoriators successor Chapter.

Thanks for the tips, I must check those out!

I suppose that the fight against the Iron Warriors after the space ship battle haven't been written yet?

The battle of Phall was it, man. That was the Imperial Fist swan song, until the Siege of Terra. The VII Legion lost a massive number of warriors during this engagement, and as far as we know, they were on the back foot from that point on.

I'm sure there will be other IW vs. IF stories coming down the road, but I doubt anything will be as big as that engagement until Terra and/or the Iron Cage.

Sorry, brother. Being a fan of both Legions myself, I'm a little bummed too.

I believe FW mentioned at a previous event the majority of the Fists are consolidated at Terra, with small strike forces ranging out during the Age of Darkness, but not in any significant capacity (think company level forces only). There are scattered garrisons and forces that were out fighting when the Legion was recalled who will get caught up in the fighting, but these will be rare and inconsequential to the main story arc. 

Phall cost the Legion a third of its naval assets and ~20,000 Legionaries, IIRC. It might've been closer to 30K, leaving the VII Legion with only ~60,000 active personnel to garrison Terra with smaller detachments spread throughout the galaxy. While not a small number of bodies, the Blood Angels and White Scars provided the majority of the manpower at the Siege. The Fists won't play a major role in the Age of Darkness, which is really not a big deal because they will make up for it by being the only loyalist Legions doing anything at the end of the Heresy with the Angels and Scars. 

If I recall, the Fists maintained a series of fortress worlds around the entire perimeter of Segmentum Solar. Though those may have been what Perturabo was destroying at the start of Angel Exterminatus.

There's also a picture of a VII Legion warrior near the end of the fluff section of HH:4, in the Loyalist section, if I remember correctly. The story next to him was basically exactly that: small outpost, stood defiant, died to the last.

Maybe I misread Extermination, but I was under the impression Phall was more of a draw then a defeat for the Fists, and that their lack of action in the Heresy was mostly becuase they were concentrating on blockading Mars and fortifying the palace

Maybe I misread Extermination, but I was under the impression Phall was more of a draw then a defeat for the Fists, and that their lack of action in the Heresy was mostly becuase they were concentrating on blockading Mars and fortifying the palace

It wasn't just Phall, it was the massive looses they took trying to get there, and the losses they took trying to withdraw from an already-active and committed attack pattern.

All these things combined were what left the Fists on the back foot, not just the battle actual.

Archived