Zoica Rises; developing a primary battleforge for tourney

Skrall

Hi guys,

So i've got a good few months to develop the primary half of m Zoican renegade army. I aim is to max the fire power while minimising the liabilities. I'm looking at mixing it with daemons or chaos knights when forgeworld releases them. The event is likely to be in the 1850 point range. As result i want to try maxing out my body count/fire power while minimising the exposure of my army. Here's my current work so far;

The Purge Detachment;

HQ;
Orderance Tyrant command squad, covenant of nurgle. Renegade Chimera, militia training.

150pts

Troops;

20 plague zombies
60pts
20 plague zombies
60pts
20 plague zombies
60pts

3 quad launchers, six extra crew, Militia training
118pts
4 quad launchers, eight extra crew, Militia training
154pts

Renegade veterans, deep strike, meltagun

60pts

Renegade veterans, deep strike, meltagun

60pts

Heavy support;
3 rapier batteries, militia training
70pts
3 rapier batteries, militia training
70pts

Fortification;
Skyshield landing pad
75pts

Total; 937 points.

I've found BS3 rapiers to be a hell of a theat, especially at the points value, so i'm taking two. One will be on the pad, the other in cover on another part of the board. I want to make sure i have maximum threat capacity at long range with this army as any allies i'd take would max out the close quaters element of the army and also function as the fast part for maelsrom.

One things for sure, i'll lose purge the alien 9/10

-skrall

I've wanted to try a list like this, but I'm still missing some pieces (like the quad guns).

Lagrath runs a list like this and has had some success.  Check out his WIP post:http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/279118-hexfleet-virules-nurgle-csm-daemons-and-rh/.  Theres some battle reports at toward the end.

Oooh that was a very good link, i like that guys work alot.

I'm hoping to have something to show, and continued tactical theories to scrawl down by the weekend.

-skrall

Archived