Need more things to read about the Horus Heresy!

Hello chaps, first post so it may be a little unkind on the eyes, apologies in advance for that.

So I am completely obsessed with the Horus Heresy books and have been for what seems like forever, however the production rate of novels seems to have taken a dive and has left me short of my book crack-cocaine, where can I get some more for the love of the Omnissiah?

So I've read all of the novels and I am up to date, I've read the four Forge World horus heresy books.

Can anyone be so kind as to help me find another source of Horus Heresy things?

Many thanks and I look forward to reading any replies,

Tom

Hmm. Have you read the novellas? Listened to he audio novels (or alternatively read both of the 'The Scripts' books)? Perhaps you can get your hands on Macragge's Honour, a graphic novel set in the Heresy?

(Welcome to the forums, btw. thumbsup.gif)

Yeah the novellas are your next bet. In no particular order off the top of my head:

Aurelian

Promethean Sun

Brotherhood of the Storm

Ravenlord

Prince of Crows

Crimson Fist

Corax: Soulforge

Sedition's Gate

The Seventh Serpent

Scorched Earth

Meduson

Tallarn: Executioner

Tallarn: Ironclad

And some others I probably missed out.

Hello again, thanks for the detailed and swift replies,

I have also read all of the novellas, man I loved Aurelian! I've listened to the audio's for which there are no books; Garro etc.

Are the audio's for the books like Horus Rising any good?

I'm definitely going to find Macragge's Honour!!

Maybe the "Collected Visions" artbook? Apart from pictures, it has a story that follows the Heresy from beginning to end. It came out before the novel series, so some things are now outdated, while others were adapted and fleshed out.

Alright, well, if you still have Heresy cravings after that... how about exploring alternate Heresies? You can download the Dornian Heresy here, or you can visit the Guilliman Heresy (a pet project of mine and a fellow Mod) threads in the links in my signature.

Maybe the "Collected Visions" artbook? Apart from pictures, it has a story that follows the Heresy from beginning to end. It came out before the novel series, so some things are now outdated, while others were adapted and fleshed out.

Visions of Heresy is the new, updated version.

Hi chaps, thanks again for the input.

- Olis ->  "Trapped in the Warp, their Red Thirst and Black Rage flaws are twisted and amplified by Nurgle. This turns the once angelic marines into savage eaters of flesh and drinkers of blood."#

You say...AMPLIFIED BY NURGLE? I'm in, body and soul!!!

Indeed. Have fun. :wink:

Actually, the Dornian Heresy is only half-done. That PDF is the first half with the second half on hiatus. As for the Guilliman Heresy - that's a WIP that'll see further development once me and Conn have the time. :)

You can, however, find articles on this board not in the Dornian Heresy pdf that are also works in progress, to be gathered for a second pdf. However, be warned, the Dornian Heresy's author has been an absentee one for maybe a couple years now.

If you are interested in alternate heresies, check out the Special Projects forum near the top of the main page. There are quite a few in development, including the already mentioned Dornian and Guilliman Heresies.

In the Age of Darkness forum, you can find a Horus Heresy book club that is about to start up. You have already read these books, but you might enjoy rereading and discussing them with the rest of us. Could also serve to keep you occupied while you wait for the next book, and to help retain information.

• 4 weeks later...

A note though, are the Tallaran books good?

Executioner is alright although Ironclad, while reasonably decent for what it is, is a disappointment. In my opinion, of course.

Well indeed, I'm quite content to read just about anything in whatever format but it'd be nice to be able to get stuck into a proper book ennit! I'm gasping for the Thousand Sons book, maybe it's just my jam but the lack of mind dakka is killing me!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived