Ultramarines Legion, 2k points. (some unit pics too)

Ishagu

Hi guys, quite excited to be able to run an Ultramarines Legion List.

I have most of the models required to make the following, just waiting to get my Guilliman completed (I sent him off to a great painter)...

So, here's the list. I've also attached pics of some of my painted FW tanks :-)

HQ:

-Legion Centurion, Chaplain Consul, Plasma Pistol

Lord of War:

-Roboute Guilliman

Troops:

-Legion Tactical Squad, Combi Plasma, Rhino

-Legion Tactical Squad, Combi Plasma, Rhino

-10 man Cataphractii Terminator Squad, Sgt with Power Sword, 7 Power Fists, 2 Chain Fists

Dedicated Transport:

-Spartan Assault Tank, Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield (Transport for the Consul, the Primarch and the Terminators)

Heavy Support:

-Sicaran Battle Tank, Las Cannon Sponsons

-Vindicator Tank Destroyer, Combi Bolter

-Vindicator Tank Destroyer, Combi Bolter

---

Here's some pics:

Sicaran Tank

Deimos Destroyers

Thanks!

Looks alright but not much for dealing with flyers or hordes but the Sicaran should do well. I might do something similar for my 4th Chapter (proto Aurora Chapter :D).

I'm really tempted to get a Storm Eagle, and to run that instead of the Spartan.

I just don't like holding a huge chunk of my army in reserve, and getting shot down has horrible consequences for the unit inside!

I don't imagine I'll encounter too many hordes in 30k, but it's definitely possible with the new Militia units...

Actually I don't like primarchs at this point level.. you have what, 1500 points of an army on the field.. that army gets shot down pretty easy (pray the enemy has no grav weapons or your spartan is definately gone round 1), then you are left with 1 sicaran and 2 vindis at best (assume you loose another vehicle as well) for anti armour..

What happens next ist that any weapon will focus either the sicaran or directly the terminators.. the termis get killed through a hail of shots and any heavy weapon will focus on guilliman.

Your army falls with the spartan. Thats what I see. There is no true other threat beside this 1100+ points deathstar..

But without the Primarch what's the point of running Legion Ultramarines aside from the awesome aesthetics? :-(

I'm not a fan of the large, slow moving Marine units hence the 10 man squads in Rhinos.

Primarchs are force multiples and shine when there are other juicy targets next to them on the board.

So if primarchs multiply forces.. where is yours? Two min tacticals, 1 termi unit and 4 tanks.. that isn't much on the board that can profit from your primarchs rules IMO..

You are better off fielding him on 2500+..

Yes it IS a bunker of points and nigh impossible to kill.. but are 5 S10 attacks (resulting in about 3-4 kills depending on the enemy) per round really worth 400 points?! Heck a single whirlwind scorpios for 115 points has the same if not MUCH more damage output..

Sure you propably won't kill a primarch.. but don't throw ypur expensive units on him, slow him down as long as you can (with grav guns for example or even building rhino walls) and he will never make his points bsck while you kill the rest of his armies in return.

You just have to handle him like an ordinary death star..

He isn't horus who can teleport right next to you and allowing the whole army to outflank into your deployment zone whitout leaving you a chance to run away..

Archived