Thinking of Starting Sisters.

Rommel44

Reason for them though is to activate there AOL to give them Rending. That is why some people take them as there Anti-Air unit, as it makes the Icarus Autocannon Rending as well as the Superior is firing it.

Reason for them though is to activate there AOL to give them Rending. That is why some people take them as there Anti-Air unit, as it makes the Icarus Autocannon Rending as well as the Superior is firing it.

Best combo i've seen so far, though have not seen it used as AA yet:

Canoness joined to Rets on a Quad Gun bastion, for a BS5 rending QG twice a game, while you have the command squad with dialogus inside the Bastion, for 5 more HB goodness, and a grand total of 1HQ + HS + 1 Fortification.

Did i mention the Bastion has a void shield?

And the rest of the army is MSU with Penitents x3?

It's quite funny to see opponents think: kill MSU cause they got all those objectives? Kill Penitents cause they're in my face? Kill Bastion cause it's mowing down everything i own?

TBH I generally don't worry too much about flyers. Helldrakes are nasty, but being boxed up in transports mitigates the AP3 flamer a heap. The only other real skyborne threat imo are Flyrants with the TL Devourers, which admittedly are a huge threat. Most other things you can just drive your transports around out of their arcs.

Allies, namely Imperial Guard, are also an option. Grab an Allied Detachment of a Lord Commissar, Vet Squad in Chimera (which complements Sisters in Transports very nicely, especially as Vets can take Plasma Guns) and a Vendetta. 3 TL Lascannons is enough to deter the odd flyer you see, whilst still providing ground support.

Also if you play using Mysterious Objectives, Exorcists with Skyfire are insanely brutal biggrin.png

That suggestion no longer works. The Quad Gun has Skyfire so it snap shots on ground units, and Interceptor no longer allows Skyfire to shoot at non-Flyer/Skimmer/FMC at full BS.

I am indeed aware of that, but it is still twin-linked... A sisters player that does not believe in the power of the "6"? biggrin.png Out of the 4 shots, i'd usually get 1 or 2, but this only complements the HBs, it is mainly used as interceptor so the dual targets is not an issue.

The set-up above is OP whether firing at Flyers or not, but easily deals with both.

I am indeed aware of that, but it is still twin-linked... A sisters player that does not believe in the power of the "6"? biggrin.png Out of the 4 shots, i'd usually get 1 or 2,

I wish I had your luck. Firing 4 shots I usually get 0.67

With 6's to hit and needing 6's to Rend and then half of those are jinked away, you need a lot more than 12 shots to do any reliable damage.

I am indeed aware of that, but it is still twin-linked... A sisters player that does not believe in the power of the "6"? biggrin.png Out of the 4 shots, i'd usually get 1 or 2,

I wish I had your luck. Firing 4 shots I usually get 0.67

With 6's to hit and needing 6's to Rend and then half of those are jinked away, you need a lot more than 12 shots to do any reliable damage.

Who's Jinking?

I was replying to the Quad Gun rolling 6s to Hit ground targets:

6 To Hit, Re-roll 5- Twin-linked, S7 which is usually 2+ To Wound on most of the targets you had for Heavy Bolters (Hordes) though some might try and get the Rend.

That's 0.66 twice, so aprox 1.2 To Hit, 2+ to Wound on ground targets.

If you fire against anything that usually has Jink: Flyer + Skimmer + FMC, then you are firing BS5 Twin-Linked: pretty much 4 Hits Every time tongue.png

Sorry, I misread and was thinking of the Heavy Bolters firing at flyers.

That's what I get for reading fourms while I am half listening to a web conference droning on about how Office 365 will change the world, save the company from bankruptcy, make your whites bright, help you lose weight and bring back Firefly ...

Archived