Fighting against admech with legion

hivey

I'm playing in a little 30k tournie in a few weeks. 1500pts. I know at least pne person will be using mechanicum. Any tips how to deal with them with legion? I play alpha legion, can make a drop pod list, a pride list, and maybe coils of the hydra with iron havocs.

Surprisingly enough, Destroyers are a good bet. Since most Ad Mech Beasties rely on high toughness and wounds to survive combat over superior saves and bodies, the Rad Missile Launchers Ap3 Fleshbane missiles are a pretty good way of countering them least of all because of Rad Phage.

A good listen would be this episode of the Eye of Horus Podcast. In this episode they go over strat's for beating a mech army. Also i know most mech players hate full breachers with melta bombs, Tactical Supports squads with plasma, and 10 man Lascannon teams. And as Slip said Destroyers with that AP3 Rad missile.

I have roughly 40 bolter marines, 2 plasma guns, 5 meltaguns, 6 autocannons, 4 missile launchers, 3 apothecaries, exodus,librarian, dynat, enough guys for a 5 man command squad with power weapons and shields, 4 drop pods, and 2 deathstorm drop pods with missiles.

i can do tac squads, various vet squads, melta support, 2 types of hesvy support, and an iron havoc squad (6 autocannons 4 missiles launchers) if using coils rite.

Archived