Sorcery Primer

I used Pyromancy last Friday against a 1k sons army with 2 daemon princes, oblits and Ahriman. The pyromancy primaris and molten were great additions as it allowed me to pour on the weight of dice to punch through his armour. I really think you might be onto something with Pyro.

As mentioned by Prot, because of how aggressive our army is, we can actually take advantage of pyromancy witchfires. While pyro is built to deal with hordes, it adds a good number of shots even against MEQ.

I'm now considering picking up telekinesis just to get Assail for another witchfire on my liber librarian. 1 roll on sanctic, assail, and 2 more pyromancy powers. Possibly even just picking up the primaris for telepathy, telekinesis and pyromancy. Perhaps leaving the second librarian purely for buffing with divination.

Cool. Another thing to mention is that because Witchfires (indeed all psychic powers) occur seperate to the Shooting phase, they don't affect what other targets you shoot and/or charge. So essentially, all Witchfires have built-in Split Fire. This is especially relevant up close, which is where Pyromancy and things like Cleansing Flame shine. BBQ a charge lane, shoot your target then charge in. All perfectly legal and it could potentially offer some threat angles your opponent hadn't considered. Very handy against bubblewrap strategies, where they may be caught off guard if their layer defense isn't deep enough. 

Archived