Leman Russ Magnatism

Kona

These questions all apply to magnetism

1. For both the Leman Russ Battle Tank and the Demolisher, can all different cannon variants be made to fit the models? So if I buy one of both can I make it so all cannons work on both tanks. Are the turrets for both different but the bodys the same?

2. If I have an MK VII Battle Tank/Demolisher will the 7th Ed turrets/cannons work?

3. If I just get Leman Russ Battler tanks, where is a good place to get turrets and cannons for the demolisher variants?

1A.  Only the executioner has a noticeably different turret.  It's just a different look for the bustle rack...yeah, I know, if you're not an IRL tanker, you have no #%#^ clue what a bustle rack is...sukkit, sister!

1B.  Each gun is on a swivel mounted inside the turret...you could swap them in and out, but it would require removing the turret's bottom plate...it could be magnetized, I guess.

1C.  There are minor differences in the aesthetics of the two hulls, but they're functionally identical.  No issues there.

2.  I think the turrets and hulls from different generations of kits are compatible with one another.

3.  Forgeworld sells resin demolisher turrets:  http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Astra_Militarum_Tanks/MODIFIED-RYZA-PATTERN-LEMAN-RUSS-DEMOLISHER-TURRET.html

The demolisher is on my "To do" list - Maybe for my second ETL vow ;)

1. For both the Leman Russ Battle Tank and the Demolisher, can all different cannon variants be made to fit the models? So if I buy one of both can I make it so all cannons work on both tanks. Are the turrets for both different but the bodys the same?

Both the LRBT and Demolisher can be magnetised to fit all the weapon options

LRBT

Demolisher: to follow

The turrets are different but the hulls are virtually identical. You can not fit LRBT weapons in a Demolisher turret.

2.   If I have an MK VII Battle Tank/Demolisher will the 7th Ed turrets/cannons work?

As far as I know, the turret rings are different but I will need to check this out.

3. If I just get Leman Russ Battler tanks, where is a good place to get turrets and cannons for the demolisher variants?

You can check out 3rd party manufacturers as well as FW for alternative turrets.

The turrets are different but the hulls are virtually identical. You can not fit LRBT weapons in a Demolisher turret.

you can, just make sure you don't glue the "arc" (bottom right in picture) to the turret itself, but rather use a small magnet, or even just two small pins to keep it in place

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-ou1isn/5hf1vb1/products/3786/images/3931/47-06H__10610.1424893668.190.285.jpg?c=2

for the older leman russes you can use the picture from below that i've mocked up on how to make most variants available to the old kit using some plasticard tubing and greenstuff(if you want to make the executioner. the only one i don't have a method of making like this is the exterminator

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/20150211_233050_zpshzbcplix.jpg

this conversion is just based on the rods plugging into eachother. tubing sizes needed are 12, 10, 8, 3-2 mm.

Archived