Myrmidons in 40k

Something I am missing with the current AdMech selection in 40k is a TDA-esque front-line unit. Aesthetically, I very much enjoy the Myrmidon Secutors and they fit this idea very well in my eyes. However, what possibility are there to field those models as counts-as (and other guns obviously) in 40k? Nothing too contrived. It still has to make tactical sense to include those models.

Ideas?

Non psychic Inquisitor.

Unfortunately they are low tough but at least they have high wounds and you can equip them with a variety of stuff.

Or Assassins?

Centurion Devastators work well as Myrmidon Destructors. The Assault variant is probably the most appropriate for Secutors, but frankly they're not very good unless you're willing to pump a huge block of points into a transport and character-based shenanigans. Kataphron Breachers might work, but again they're the lesser of the two options and for me it doesn't feel right for a Techpriest that's purpose-built their body as an engine of destruction to be WS/BS3.

Maybe Grey Knight Paladins?

I think I will use the Myrmidons for the Breachers. 3+ armour is pretty decent and they shoot as well as chop. I was planning two units of three with Heavy Arc Rifles. That would be two sets of Secutors of FW. They won't even be that much more expensive in terms of money.

I think I will use the Myrmidons for the Breachers. 3+ armour is pretty decent and they shoot as well as chop. I was planning two units of three with Heavy Arc Rifles. That would be two sets of Secutors of FW. They won't even be that much more expensive in terms of money.

Edit: Remember, I only want to use the models. They will not be Myrmidons in the fluff. This is a Knight House after all.

Myrmidons are clearly marked as still in existence in 40k in the Skitarii Codex, so in time Forgeworld should give us official sanction to use them in a future Imperial Armour book. However Forgeworld might make 40k-era Myrmidons with different guns, so on that line we will have to wait, but we should get official Myrmidons at some point one way or the other.

As far as counts-as though the Kataphrons seem reasonable to me.

Myrmidons come on 40mm base but they are bigger than the 30k TDA in every way. Sticking them into a 60mm base with some base decoration will not be much of a strentch. Too bad they come with 1 weapon each, so I would need to build the Grav Cannons myself. Still, they fit the image of heavy armoured knights for my Knight House.

I am really considering getting these now to use as count as destroyers and the melee versions for breachers. In my gaming group nobody forces wysiwyg especially if it is in relation to a cool themed model or conversion.

They are not that expensive even and buying the offer with 9 is actually cheaper than kataphrons, and 60mm based can be found cheap in ebay or the like.

Just FYI I'm really digging this idea and might adopt them myself, so thanks for the suggestion.

All your information as well, like how it's a little too big for its intended base, are great points which convinced me.

I'm thinking of using these models for both Kataphron Breachers and Destroyers.  Breachers (3+ saves) will have the shoulder pads, Destroyers (4+ saves) won't.  I won't attach the Dr. Octopus arms, then each of the arm types reflect different weapons, as suggested.  The non-Heavy Weapon arms will be Arc Claws for Breachers, then converted into Phosphor Blasters for others (and I'm going to have to get like Japanese model kits, plentiful in my area, for bitz on that or something).

I like the varied look of the weapons and models, it should be pretty easy to know what is what, I bring different loadouts on all my squads all the time regardless of how they are modelled, which is encouraged where I play to have more fun without spending a fortune in "reserve" models. 

There are myrmidon secutors as well with shoulder guns and axes, I am thinking they could be cool for "count as" breachers while the others will be nice destroyers. 

Hard to come up with alternative weapons if adamant on wysiwyg loadout on models, the size and weapon types are rather unique. The arms holding the weapons are rather easy to deal with though, just a high sitting ball joint, easily made to a surface sticking anything to it. Possibly some bits along with something like the leman russ executioner plasma cannon.

Archived