Scion unit size

Brendaen

I sold my Orge Kingdom army (I've given up on WHFB), so sitting on my hobby desk is 4 Tauroxes and enough models to build 29 Scions.

So my question is;

Command squad and 3 units of eight and they each have a ride.

or

Command squad and 4 units of six and I deep strike a unit.

And yes, you guys won me over on the Taurox Prime.....

I like 8 man squads, they don't break as fast and they put down more firepower at their target. Increased volume of fire is a good thing, especially when using something like Suppression Fire Doctrine Sanctioned! Where you need more shots to bring down those MC's and skimmers. 

Ultimately it's your decision.

Depends on what you need, but I'd say a drop unit of 5 is good but for "line" units eight is a solid number. For starting out (because I know you'll get more Scions ;) ) I'd go the four units of six and then stock up on numbers later :)

When do we get to see some progress on them Bren? I'm looking forward to it :D

I think I will stick with 3 units of eight. They will go nicely with my Mechanized Veteran list that I plan on allying it with.

I will start a WIP thread this weekend for the 67 Division Special Forces detachment.

I have been diagnosed with 40k Model ADHD, as I have too many projects sitting around ready to finish. Between finishing the last vehicle for my Space Wolves (a Stormwolf), assembling my next two Imperial Knights, and painting my AM infantry, I have vowed to not buy anymore models.....

Archived