Your opinion on unique character paint schemes?

I recently picked up Creed and Kell, I'm trying to decide how to paint them.  My IG are Cadian, but not painted in the normal Cadian green/tan.

Do you paint your independent characters to match your troops, or do you go with their standard codex paint job?

I'm pretty sure I will paint Yarrick as he normally looks... but a character like Creed, I see a lot of different paint schemes for him.

Post up some pics of your own Creed/Kell if ya have them!

Unless it was a special character that was equipped/dressed completely differently to the rest of my army, I would paint it in my usual army colours.

If, for example, it was an Inquisitor in power armour joining my Imperial Guard, he'd get a  unique paint job.

Hm... well I really like Creed himself, didn't want to play with an offbrand no-name w/ Creed's abilities :)

I'll think up a few color schemes, I don't think I will give Creed red camo BDU pants like my troopers have.  I don't particularly like the green Cadian colored Creed either.  I'll have to find something in between. 

I kind of like the way this one is painted (found it on dakkadakka):

It isn't codex painted Creed, but still close enough? 

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/3/13/473337_md-Astra%20Militarum%2C%20Cadians%2C%20Creed%2C%20Headquarters%2C%20Imperial%20Guard%2C%20Kell%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000.jpg

It's pretty common for modern armies to change their camoflagure based on the terrain that they're fighting in or the people they're fighting with. For instance, the US Marines have both a desert and woodland pattern as a standard and US Navy corpsmen (medics) where that camoflague when they're with the marines instead of the Navy's unique pattern. Based on this, it's very reasonable to say that Creed is simply fighting in different terrain than what the codex standard paintjob is or is temporarily commanding a different unit which also happens on occasion IRL and is the reason he is wearing a different camo pattern.

Archived