What to do with Heavy weapons teams...

I have a heavy weapons squad, but I don't use platoons in this army, since it's supposed to be an elite force of stormtroopers and vets. I have one squad in a chimera that is a roving melta squad (my sappers), but I have this other vet squad that I don't really know how to employ, I was thinking of a mortar squad, with security.

I was also thinking of putting a heavy bolter squad in my elysians since I'll be kicking them out of a Valk, onto an objective. The heavy bolter would give them some anti infantry punch, whilst also giving them some punch against light vehicles. 

The last team I was thinking of using in my IG CCS, with an autocannon.

I need suggestions before I build them.

give the second vet squad and the CCS autocannons.  Make the third a lascannon as an alternate weapon for one of the squads (or for the squad when you're not fielding the CCS.), or give the elysians their heavy bolter.

I'm with March on this one. Mortars in your fast moving army just don't sit well with me, if I'm honest.

The autocannon pair will really work well with the BS4 and the Elysians need their Heavy Bolter. They need it!

Thanks guys, my artillery is mostly provided my my knight and my master of ordinance anyway, as well I have some small blasts from plasma cannons, and grenade launchers (Elysian vets). 

So the next question is what special weapons to give the autocannon vet squad, I was thinking plasma guns or grenade launchers.

So, I built the squad, and it came with 5 bases, so using a 6th I had, I built 3 mortars in addition to the heavy bolter and 2 autocannons. I'll be using the some of the guys that the weapons team is subbing in for as the support crew. 

Archived