E-Codex Cult Mechanicus: Scrapcode

I like to be redundant and purchase the e-copy for most of my codexes.

Initial examination of the C:CM has revealed at least two glaring errors.

Kataphron Destroyers are missing their phosphor blaster in the listed wargear. The line below stating how one can be exchanged for a cognis flamer is rendered moot.

Fulgurite Electro-Priests have the same wargear listing as Corpuscarii Electro-Prients: the electrostatic gauntlets. No electroleech staves.

I hesitate to look further. Typos etc are one thing, but this is sloppy proof-reading.

I haven't gotten my hard copy of the codex yet. Please someone tell me the errors aren't there too?

I haven't gotten my hard copy of the codex yet. Please someone tell me the errors aren't there too?

Having acquired the hard copy, I didn't go through the entire book, but I am looking at the things you mentioned.

Kataphron Destroyers - Wargear is the dempiplate, plasma culverin, phosphor blaster.  All there.

Fulgurite Electro-Priests - Wargear is the electroleech stave and voltagheist field.  Also looking at the Corpuscarii, they have gauntlets like they're supposed to.

Yeah, this is very weird, to have that many errors in an electronic document is a sin against the Machine God.

Thank you, Brothers of the Cog.

Maybe I overreacted, but for an e-document it did catch me by surprise.

I'll be going to my GW shop tomorrow where I can get my pre-orders with the codex.

Thanks again,

R.

My e-copy has those mistakes.

But at least, if they correct it later and you redownload it, it will be fixed.

That has been the case with the other codexes too. Mistakes in the e-copy that they do correct later.

I have the iBooks edition, and the Detachment chart shows a troops icon for the Hq slot... :/

+Edit : D'oh, remembered it wrong.. The HQ slot shows the proper icon, but on the chart it reads Troop instead of HQ

@Kilofix: Glad to hear it will most likely be fixed on a future download.

@jeffersonian0001: Firing each twice would have worked for me, but I'm glad to see the hard copy has it right.

@Player 404: Par for the course then. The dastardly Dark Mechanicus strikes again.

I retrieved my hard data copies of the codex [standard & Dominus] and was delighted to see the correct information in both.

Trust in the Machine, but always retain a Hard Data copy...

R.

Archived