City Fight Tournament Results

I took the Karshaki Dragoons to war yesterday in a 1k tournament that used the Cities of Death tactical objectives and boards filled with ruins and buildings. A pretty good turn out overall and I had three fun games.

My List:

Lord Commissar

2 Veteran Squads - forward sentries, lascannon

Veteran Squad - 2 meltaguns, chimera, HF

Veteran Squad - 2 plasma, chimera

3 Armored Sentinels - autocannons

5 Scions - 2 meltaguns

LR Exterminator - sponson HB, lascannon

Wyvern

Game 1 vs Tau

His list (from memory)

Ethereal

2 squads of Fire Warriors

2 squads of pathfinders

2 big squads of kroot with hound

3 Broadsides with missiles

Riptide

The primary mission was to occupy buildings and your points carried over from turn to turn. Secondary were tactical objectives and tertiary were slay the warlord, line breaker and moment of blood (kill three units in a turn).

I didn't have much that could deal with 2+ saves and that was what did me in at the end. I whittled the riptide down to one wound but I couldn't kill it off. We were both very bloodied at the end of the game but he was able to capitalize on early objective grabs with the pathfinders and stayed ahead on primary throughout the game. In the end all of our infantry was dead but he beat me on primary, got lucky on turn five for secondary and achieved linebreaker with the riptide and three kroot who made 7 of 10 4+ cover saves. The wyvern and lascannons put in work but I couldn't bring down those damn broadsides!

Round 1 loss

Game 2 vs Blood Angels

His list (from memory)

Sanguinary Priest, meltabombs

Assault squad (no jump packs), powerfist, 2 melta, drop pod w/DWL

Tactical squad, hand flamer, heavy flamer, pod w/DWL

Death Company dreadnought, pod w/DWL

5 Scouts w/sniper rifles

Fire Raptor

Primary was kill points, secondary were tactical objectives and tertiary were slay the warlord, marked for death (pick a enemy unit to destroy) and sniper alley (models with sniper weapons that cause a wound score a point)

This was another slug fest. Most of both armies were smashed by the end of the game. My Lord Commissar held up the DC Dread for two turns in close combat! He made all five 5++ saves in the first round of combat and two in the next round. The DC Dread was destroyed in his next turn to a snap firing lascannon that rolled a six to hit, six to pen and six for the result. Had that LC team survived I'm sure they would have received a medal! The Fire Raptor chewed me up pretty good as I had no real answer to it. I won this game on primary and secondary and we tied for tertiary.

Round 2 win

Game 3 vs Foot Guard Vets

CCS with MoO

3 vet squads with 3 melta

3 vet squads with 3 plasma

2 HB sentry guns

2 scout sentinels

2 units of 3 ratlings

Bunker

Primary was to escape units off of your opponents table edge, secondary were tactical objectives and tertiary were slay the warlord, last laugh and linebreaker. 

I was not on top of my game this round and I made a lot of stupid mistakes. The MoO put in work and kept my wyvern from firing for two turns which allowed his squads to move up in relative safety. He made cover saves like a boss! I wasn't aggressive enough and pretty much let him dictate the flow of the game. 

Round 3 loss

So not the best showing for me but I had fun and  I played three great guys. We didn't have any rules arguments or anything like that. IG are very unforgiving and I learned more about how to play them. The sentinels and Exterminator were a bit meh. If I were to do it again I would bring an Eradicator instead of the Exterminator. IG are also mentally tough to play as there is a lot to keep track of. I think with more games I will get the hang of them. 

Well done. The primary objective is to have fun. As evidence that I actually believe that, I took tomb kings to the Adepticon WHFB tournament two out of three times that I've gone tongue.png Combined record: 3-7, but so many awesome memories, like when my tomb prince killed a nurgle lord...via the curse! ...or when I shot the rider off of a dragon and it cowered in place...staring at the casket, taking three turns to die to the Light of Death!

Archived