Stasis Field

I think I found a decent use of the Stasis Field. Give it to the Dominus, who is carrying the Cognis Relic, and stick him in front of a Grav Destroyer unit. If faced with massed Alpha Strike, especially Grav or other shenanigans, go to ground for a 2++ 5+ FnP. Next turn you will still be able to fire with BS2 + Canticles and more shots due to more guys being alive. It sacrificed the Dominus shooting, but keeps your Grav relatively save and up and running. Not an optimal use, but an interesting way to mitigate alpha strike.

I found this very useful with the cognis relic, got alpha struck and managed to tank wounds from plasma weapons, took 2 wounds, then wiped out the force in my turn. I was also working on the basis that I could repair my wounds even thought I could not shoot with the dominus.

I think I found a decent use of the Stasis Field. Give it to the Dominus, who is carrying the Cognis Relic, and stick him in front of a Grav Destroyer unit. If faced with massed Alpha Strike, especially Grav or other shenanigans, go to ground for a 2++ 5+ FnP. Next turn you will still be able to fire with BS2 + Canticles and more shots due to more guys being alive. It sacrificed the Dominus shooting, but keeps your Grav relatively save and up and running. Not an optimal use, but an interesting way to mitigate alpha strike.

The stasis field says it sets your WS/BS to 0 while it's active though

It only sets the WS\BS of the model with the stasis field to zero, the rest of the unit behave as they went to ground as normal.

Well so here a few thoughts. I totally think this is a great use for the item.

One is that the fearless canticle means you can auto rally your destroyers. This is a way to use canticles defensively even if you don't go first. Also he could still shoot his volkite gun after her rally's.

Another use for the status field is for holy req. While you could join the domi to a squad that squad would have much few safe do strike opertunites. Also that squad won't be able to take advanctage of the 12+ inch deploy bubble yiubhave around any object (6" for objective marker, and then 6" more from the domi). So if you lobe drop your domi and status field him he still can use his skull to mark targets and such.

Would it be a decent tactic to give the Cybernetica Datasmith in my Robot squad a Stasis Field?  I had him equipped with the Cognis Relic anyway.

I was thinking it would work pretty much like the TP with Grav-Destroyers scenario.  In this case the Datasmith can tank wounds, while the Robots snap at BS2.

Would it be a decent tactic to give the Cybernetica Datasmith in my Robot squad a Stasis Field?  I had him equipped with the Cognis Relic anyway.

I was thinking it would work pretty much like the TP with Grav-Destroyers scenario.  In this case the Datasmith can tank wounds, while the Robots snap at BS2.

Monstrous Creatures can not go to ground.

It only sets the WS\BS of the model with the stasis field to zero, the rest of the unit behave as they went to ground as normal.

Ohhhh nice, guess I didn't read it well enough the first time. That is a pretty decent option then.

Oh yes. Very will and with much hatred. It's when the small nids fail their instinctive behavoir and look for cover biggrin.png

Nooo, it's when the small nids start to eat each other :D

Not really impressed with the Stasis Field myself. The units it could help can't go to ground.....

Oh yes. Very will and with much hatred. It's when the small nids fail their instinctive behavoir and look for cover biggrin.png

Nooo, it's when the small nids start to eat each other biggrin.png

Not really impressed with the Stasis Field myself. The units it could help can't go to ground.....

lol maybe they put in the book as a joke. "watch thier gonna buy the electro priest thinking this statis field will save them" :P

eh i think it's okay for any situation with a lone fomi. holy req formation lieks it, but i mean if your gonna give some one a 2+ save you gotta restrict it abit lmao.

ooooo maybe a domi in a unit of ruststalkers??? can they use it. dont feel like digging through my book.

lol maybe they put in the book as a joke. "watch thier gonna buy the electro priest thinking this statis field will save them" tongue.png

eh i think it's okay for any situation with a lone fomi. holy req formation lieks it, but i mean if your gonna give some one a 2+ save you gotta restrict it abit lmao.

ooooo maybe a domi in a unit of ruststalkers??? can they use it. dont feel like digging through my book.

It would work for them just fine. I actually think the combo with the fearless canticle will work out really well as there will basically be no downside to using the stasis field. Since only one model in a unit needs fearless you're fine putting the priest in a Skitarii unit. Of course you just know you'll fail that first 2++ save of the game and then be screwed ;)

lol maybe they put in the book as a joke. "watch thier gonna buy the electro priest thinking this statis field will save them" tongue.png

You could put a Dominus in an allied unit of Ruststalkers and use the stasis field. I wouldn't recommend it, however, as just about the only thing ruststalkers have going for them is their speed, which going to ground negates entirely.

You could put a Dominus in an allied unit of Ruststalkers and use the stasis field. I wouldn't recommend it, however, as just about the only thing ruststalkers have going for them is their speed, which going to ground negates entirely.

Unless you use the fearless canticle during the next turn to cancel gone to ground ;)

Archived