The Ever-Faithful.

I painted my first pair of Kastellans before the Codex was out, so they're painted to fit with the rest of my army (Mars dark red, as it turns out), but having seen the all the variant colour schemes and touches of individual history for the wandering Kastellans, I know I'm going to be picking up a second box to modify a little and paint wildly.

Given the flavour text, I'm wondering if it makes sense to remove the AdMech and Imperial symbols from them, and if so, what would be their replacement, if any?

Maybe Unification War symbols? Like Eagle heads with Thunderbolts, Skulls with Thunderbolts, anything with Thunderbolts?

i painted my army for mars but my robots I did bronzy gold with green eyes(war of the worlds style) with some dark red pads

looks great

Sounds awesome.Hope we get to see some pics of them.

@kilofix - Thunderbolts on thunderbolts! The Raptor symbol might work well.

I think it's fully in character to remove the Imperial symbols if you want, to represent the robots being extremely ancient or recently recovered from an archeotech site!  With that in mind, you could even paint them in totally opposing colors (I like the idea of a dark/navy blue or grey) to the rest of your force, if you wanted.  Just make sure to give them a bit of weathering!

Archived