Me and my guard

Ceddyn

Hi everyone,

As I already posted in the ETL thread, I recently came back to the hobby after an absence of a couple of years.

When I started playing 5th edition had just been launched. I soon got completely addicted and became a very active player in our local community, which had around 20-30 regular players back then. Around the time 6th edition hit I had little time to spare because of a new job and other circumstances. When I returned half a year later the 40k community had mostly vanished . A couple of other active players had also quit /disappeared due to circumstances, some people didn't like 6th and others started playing Warmachine, which also had a good community. 

Some friends started a small Freebooter's Fate group and although I did like the game at first I always longed to return to 40K. A while ago our group decided we'd try to revive 40k at the local store and we started playing small Kill Team games again (Heralds Of Ruin ruleset). We only started a couple of weeks ago, but we're getting some very positive reactions so far. Hopefully we can grow a small community again. It's been fun so far.

And before the commissar has to ask: here are some pictures of my army. The lighting was very bad, so I'll try to take some more pictures during the weekend.

These are the models that are (partially) painted. I have loads more and one day I hope they'll be fully painted

IMG 20150603 202547

This poor guy has failed to post pictures of his army.

IMG 20150603 202604

The command chimera. I did this a couple of years ago. I had done quite some small conversions, but it was the first time I cut a tank into pieces. I can still remember how stressed out I was.

IMG 20150603 202704

An autocannon squad. I really like how they turned out. The large bases really lend themselves for mini-diorama's.

IMG 20150603 202822

IMG 20150603 202914

Welcome to the Imperial Guard, trooper! These are fantastic pictures of a very cool looking army. The one with the Commissar and the falling guardsman really is quite funny. Hopefully you'll get a decent-sized 40k base again where you live. Getting people involved playing with the Kill Team rules is a great idea. Remember, the first game is free...biggrin.png.

Since you've brought us pictures, I'll not preach to you about the greatness of the Emperor and His Saints. I mean, the sermon is only three hours long but people complain all the time.

Cool, I like the colour scheme and those are some great lines on the vehicles! Nice converting too, I've heard these Herald rules for KT are pretty good so it's great that they're helping re-establish some 40k :) Keep us updated on your army :tu:

Welcome to the Imperial Guard, trooper! These are fantastic pictures of a very cool looking army. The one with the Commissar and the falling guardsman really is quite funny. Hopefully you'll get a decent-sized 40k base again where you live. Getting people involved playing with the Kill Team rules is a great idea. Remember, the first game is free...biggrin.png.

Since you've brought us pictures, I'll not preach to you about the greatness of the Emperor and His Saints. I mean, the sermon is only three hours long but people complain all the time.

Usually I either put the falling guardsman on the front line of a blob squad or next to the commissar. I made him after a battle where the loser had to make a conversion dedicated to the battle.

So far people seem to like the KT. They're coming back for more after the free game.

Cool, I like the colour scheme and those are some great lines on the vehicles! Nice converting too, I've heard these Herald rules for KT are pretty good so it's great that they're helping re-establish some 40k smile.png Keep us updated on your army thumbsup.gif

At first I was using a different scheme with lightgray fatigues and charadon granite armour, but after I forgot to move a squad a couple of turns because I didn't see them I decided I wanted something that contrasted a bit more. Unfortunately I chose a couple of colours that have been discontinued. I found out that filthy brown from the Vallejo game colour range is close enough for the infantry if I apply a liberal wash with my last devlan mud. For the vehicles it turns out to be a bit brighter, but I repainted some of them. It doesn't cover well though, even over the tausept it needs 2-3 layers before it will give an even coat. I dread the day when my charadon granite runs out.

I really like converting stuff. At first I'd only swap an arm or a head, but I went farther and farther with time. Especially in the guard where the standard infantrymen all look the same it gives them some character in my opinion. If it's not too off topic for this forum I'll post some pictures of my Digga warband I made for a Gorka-Morka campaign we did a couple of years ago. The digga's are made with catachans and ork bits and they ride a heavily converted ork trukk with a valkyrie engine.

I really like that Command chimera.

Thanks. I found the instructions to do it online somewhere, can't remember where though. At first I wanted to make several like it, but in the end I decided it would stand out more if only the command squad had one like it.

There is no exact match. I poured about 15 different colours into a big pot. Unfortunately I lost the mix notes I made. :(

I still have a few pots left but I'm worrying about when the time comes as well. Then it may be another big mixing pot job. The trick is to use as many foundation/base colours as possible so it still works as a solid base colour rather than those other paints GWS has.

Backwards Chimera FTW! biggrin.png It's a great concept, to be sure; I wonder if a similar technique could be used to convert a Leman Russ?

I remember when GW discontinued Regal Blue. It all but killed a Night Lords project I was working on. I just couldn't get another color that looked quite right, after that. unsure.png

I kinda thought those dishes wee supposed to be satcom...

It's supposed to be ground based radar. Team 1's radar has picked up something, team 2 gives visual confirmation and team 3's loader is getting out of there.

Uh oh, the Commissariat looks very poorly on soldiers fleeing before the enemy . . . :ph34r:

Depending on the leadership test he might be running off to warn command instead of fleeing.

Not too poorly as to put off our aim though ;) When do we get to see more models Ced? :)

I hope to get some work done on my kasrkin squad for the ETL during the week. If I do I'll post some progress pictures.

Archived