Grey Knights seek Guard assistance

Emicus

Hello!

The GK forum is in the process of typing up an Allies Primer and I tried my hand at summing up parts of the Imperial Guard that are useful for us. It would be most appreciated if you could have a peak -here- to see if I have mauled or missed something.

If you have any comments or feedback please post it in THIS thread and I’ll update the primer as necessary.

The Emperor Protects,
Emicus out.

Ha, like we'll fall for that again. The whole brainwashing thing didn't go over well.

You didn't mention the Stormlord under super heavies. A 36" S6 AP3 Heavy 15 weapon that can fire twice at two different targets if it doesn't move. Basically, it can cause a squad and a half of Space Marines to simply stop existing. Every turn.

Hey, Lukash_
You weren’t supposed to remember that! Quick, someone get a Commissar in here.

Anyhow, thanks for your feedback! I didn’t want to list up all the Superheavies ‘cause it’s quite a long way away from being ally material. Starting to look more like Guard with GK allies at that point. I just wanted to give a small taste of what’s possible with the right attitude towards tanks. The Baneblade being the Baneblade of course and then the Shadowsword since Destroyer weapons is all the rage these days.

I’ll make a note of the Stormlord and if I hear more people chime in on fleshing out the Superheavies section I will do so smile.png
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I also see this is your first post to the forum! Let me beat the rush and say WELCOME!

Welcome aboard Lukash :D

First thing I see is an erroneous report of the Guard as the second hammer. The Guard came first we were slaying the Emperor's enemies before you were a twinkle in Malcador's eye :P It looks ok to me, though I'm not sure how much detail you want to go into. Guard can provide numbers and fire power, for GK that will chiefly be of interest for holding ground and providing long range fire power that you lack. Also a lot of heavy armour and artillery, but that can get pricey as considering your GK are already expensive you'll need to be careful about what you take.

I disagree with your assessment of the Valkyrie. The multiple rocket pods are crowd control. Something which grey knights need help with. Sure they aren't high strength or low ap, but they don't need to be against anything with a 4+ or worse armor save, statistically they'll fail enough. 

I wouldn't take lascannons or autocannons with regular guardsmen, put those where you have veterans, to make use of the BS4. Guardsmen should be firing blast templates or multiple shots, to improve their chances of hitting. 

I don't know if FW is off the table, but there's the drop sentinel, which is a scout sentinel with deep strike and options for a Heavy Bolter, Heavy Flamer, or Multi-Melta. 

Archived