Slam-amanders (get the reference?)

Fairstrife1138

hello.

After a few days of debating my decision with my friends and a few local 30k players, and a few guys I know from FB groups and shizzle, I have made a temporary decision.

Salamanders.

The only problem is, im making lists wrong.

I play mostly against Dark Eldar, Dark Angels, Ultramarines, Nids and Eldar. And some guard. And Khorne Daemonkin. And Necrons. And some Tau I guess. And a Sister of battle player. And this one guy who only uses knights.

Can you see a theme.. I play a lot of 40k guys, using 40k rules.

I know that 30k operates completely differently. And I'm sdesperately wanting to get into the campaign and event scene in the UK for 30k I don't want to make lists to take out Nids when they should be made to win 30k games.

So I'm basically getting stuck and frustrated.

I even went out for a drive earlier for about 3 hours. Listening to podcasts. To try and help cement ideas.

This is what I have formulated.

From Salamanders I would like ..

A kick ass praetor with some hammer fire drakes in a delivery vehicle.

A Praevian with some Castellax.

Tactical teams of 10 in rhinos.

Pyroclasts in Lr's probably.

Some artillery support and a few dreads.

Can anyone help flesh this into a 2500 point list that works in 30k?

Thanks.

Hey Fairstrife,

I'm fairly new myself, so won't give you a full on list. But:

Have you thought about adding a unit of jetbikes? Sallies can swap out the heavy bolters for heavy flamers, throw in a few multi-meltas (depending on squad size) and give them melta bombs. That should be enough to handle most hordes or character units.

Apparantly adding a primus medicae is also a thing, but you might start losing friends with that :p

Jetbikes also have that distinct 30k look/feel to them, so it's an added bonus to not playing like a generic 40k marine army.

And yes, the Eye of Horus podcast is awesome.

Archived