Iron Hands expanding from 1k to 1500pts

Emperors Teeth

I've played a couple of games with my 1k list (in spoilers below) and found it murderously effective at killing Necrons. Those being my primary opponent; Sadly not another Legion. I'm planning my next 500pts and the direction I'd like to head in. Bear in mind that the list is written with killing Necrons in mind, but I'd be interested in hearing opinions on how it would do against Legions as well, who I will face at some point.

HQ
Castrman Orth (80pts)

Troops
Tactical squad; 14 men + Legion vexilla (225pts)
inc. sergeant + Artificer armour, Power weapon, Melta bombs

Tactical squad; 14 men + Legion vexilla (225pts)
inc. sergeant + Artificer armour, Power weapon, Melta bombs

Elites
Contemptor Mortis + 2 Kheres Assault Cannons (180pts)

Heavy Support
Sicaran Battle Tank + Lascannon sponsons (175)

Whirlwind Scorpius (115)

Total = 1000pts

----------

Legiones Astartes (Iron Hands) 1500pts
Rite of War - Head of the Gorgon

Head of the Gorgon rules in effect for this army:

• Chosen Ground: Infantry units within the force gain the Stubborn special rule while within their own deployment zone.
  • War-relics: All vehicles in the detachment gain the Blessed Autosimulacra upgrade for free.
  • Armoured Encirclement: Vehicles with the Tank type (including Dedicated Transports carrying troops) placed in reserve gain the Outflank special rule.

HQ
Legion Delegatus + Artificer Armour, Refractor Field, Cyber-familiar, Power weapon (125)

Castrman Orth (80pts)

Troops
Tactical squad; 13 men + Legion vexilla (205pts)
inc. sergeant + Power weapon, Melta bombs

Tactical squad; 10 men + Legion vexilla (210 pts)
inc. sergeant + Power weapon, Melta bombs
inc. Rhino + Blessed Autosimulacra

Elites

Contemptor Mortis + 2 Twin-lascannon, Blessed Autosimulacra (185)

Heavy Support
Legion Predator Strike Armour Squadron; 3 Predators (330)
+ Heavy bolter sponsons, Pintle heavy bolter, Blessed Autosimulacra

Sicaran Battle Tank + Lascannon Sponsons, Blessed Autosimulacra (175)

Sicaran Venator + Blessed Autosimulacra (190)

Total = 1500pts

----------

The Legion Delegatus will be my Warlord, as I'm not a fan of Orth's Warlord Trait. I don't want to be going anywhere near the Necron Gauss weapons, let alone ram them! Orth will ride in either the Sicaran or Sicaran Venator. I'd liked to have used a Deredeo, but ran out of Heavy Support slots, gosh darn it! 

Against a Legion, I'd be inclined to drop all the heavy bolters from the Predators for Lascannon sponsons, but against Necrons I'm going to need buckets of dice to clear the infantry off the board. Am I making a mistake swapping the Kheres for Twin-lascannons on the Mortis for the same reason?

I didn't like having to squeeze the Delegatus in as he will just sit with the immobile Tactical squad, which feels like a waste. But 7 'free' Blessed Autosimulacra and potentially every unit bar 1 able to Outflank seems excellent.

That's not right, though I can see why the choice of wording would make someone think that. The Delegatus has the 'Rite of Command' special rule which gives him the 'Master of the Legion' rule, allowing him to chose any Rite of War. Listed beneath this is a further Rite of War (Chosen Duty) that only the Delegatus can use.

(As an aside, after double-checking the rules, I notice he also must be the Warlord, so that's decided.)

That's not right, though I can see why the choice of wording would make someone think that. The Delegatus has the 'Rite of Command' special rule which gives him the 'Master of the Legion' rule, allowing him to chose any Rite of War. Listed beneath this is a further Rite of War (Chosen Duty) that only the Delegatus can use.

(As an aside, after double-checking the rules, I notice he also must be the Warlord, so that's decided.)

Mmhmm, never caught my eye. Interesting.

Archived