Death korps variations?

I have been considering making a death korps army based on german troops during world war 1 and 2.

After some research I found that FW only has three different private/ grunt death korps squads; at ease, charging and firing.

Are there any other place to get more variation in the poses?

My plan thus far is to mix and match between the three so no two squads are the same, but coming from space marines I miss the modularity.

Forge World are the only providers of the Krieg models, so what they produce is all you can get I'm afraid. The smaller and more detailed resin models lack modularity but I'm sure some can be modified even if it's just weapon swaps for the special weapon troopers :)

If you are up for a challenge, and they still do them, they gorgon filler units were a good way to get a load of extra unique grunts. It is a serious investment in modeling though

Got some great ideas going, thanks guys!

Those models from Anvil looks pretty similar so I can imagine blending them in quite easily and the Gorgon suggestion is also quite good, you could always use a gorgon.

But I can't find the fillers on FW, so maybe they discontinued them although that would be a little weird when you can still get the transport. A super heavy troop transport without any guys in it?!

Archived