Help me choosing the right Legion for this 2000pts list

Karsus

Hello, dear forum users. I'd like to ask for your help on choosing the right Legion for a list below.

It's not that... optimized, and rather bland... I think, but it's what I can build right now without buying extra models. (I'll need some conversions, but it will cost less than buying new ones.)

Not sure which Legion would best suit this list. I'll need your help on that matter.

And also, for future purchase/list expansion, suggestion for some alternatives/add-on for the list would be appreciated, too. I'm aiming for Legion specific units to fill next 500pts or so.

Thank you very much.

HQ

Centurion: Forge Lord

- Conversion Beamer, Scimitar Jetbike, Refractor Field, Augury Scanner

Centurion: Master of Signal

- Artificer Armour

Centurion: Master of Signal

- Artificer Armour

Elites

Apothecarion Detachment

- 2x Legion Apothecary, 2x Artificer Armour

Contemtor-Mortis Dreadnought

- 2x Kheres Assault Cannons

Troops

Legion Tactical Squad

- 19x Tactical Marines, Sergeant, Vexilla, additional CCWs

Legion Tactical Squad

- 19x Tactical Marines, Sergeant, Vexilla, additional CCWs

Heavy Support

Legion Predator Tank

- Executioner Plasma Destroyer

Legion Predator Tank

Legion Predator Tank

Oooh, an interesting approach. I take it you don't have any preference yourself? No particular colour you don't fancy painting?

Lets take a look... you have, multiple dreadnoughts, predators, a good number of marines and a very ordnance-heavy HQ selection. I have mixed feelings on the triple Kheres Mortis; I'm not sure I'd enjoy a game facing that, but that's not relevant to this discussion. Same goes for a jetbike-mounted Forge Lord. Effective, but weird. The list is not bad regardless of Legion, tbh. Things that immediately come to mind are:

Iron Warriors - Your HQ screams IVth Legion. The quantity of marines is good and nothing feels out of place.

Iron Hands - Lots of vehicles and a cold distant approach to war in the HQ, again.

Ultramarines - Everything feels very calculated and efficient, just like the XIIIth.

For expansion, you may consider swapping a HQ for one with Master of the Legion; Gaining you access to Rites of War, which depending on Legion could provide advantage and/or flavour. You have very little high strength weaponry, so perhaps Rapier Laser Destroyers? maybe switch up the arms on the Dreadnoughts a bit?

Archived