Objective Markers - I need advice finishing this project

So here are my objective markers. I still need to finish 2 of them.

What I need help with is coming up with suggestions for one more.

Also, I am looking for a creative way of numbering them so I won't have to put dice by them during a game.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

med_gallery_8790_11014_613367.jpg

med_gallery_8790_11014_563575.jpg

Obviously the model with the biggest hat is number one, and the others are ranked in descending order based on their diminishing hat sizes...

Or you could add skulls or other battlefield detritus to represent the number. It's not terribly creative but it's obvious and easy.

Obviously the model with the biggest hat is number one, and the others are ranked in descending order based on their diminishing hat sizes...

Or you could add skulls or other battlefield detritus to represent the number. It's not terribly creative but it's obvious and easy.

I would be more inclined to put some etched brass roman numerals on the rim of the bottom tier of the plinths.

Seems that you have (at least) one of the major political parts of the Imperium (Sisters, Guard, Administratum?, Eclesiarchy, Marines), save the Ad Mech.

If you're inclined, you could have a Magos as the Sixth? happy.png

Either of these ideas (or a combination) is cool happy.png

Seems that you have (at least) one of the major political parts of the Imperium (Sisters, Guard, Administratum?, Eclesiarchy, Marines), save the Ad Mech.

If you're inclined, you could have a Magos as the Sixth? happy.png

Either of these ideas (or a combination) is cool happy.png

I agree with this, a nice Magos model would complete the collection quite nicely.

If your second picture was suggested models to "enshrine", i'd recommend a better posed model, like the OOP canoness:

The one on the right (not my Picture)

Some of the ones that I'm planing. So maybe ideas?

The stein of St. Lucius Bubas. This piece of archotect negates the alcohol in (most) drinks. As a missionary on Fenris, he used this stein as way of opening up the local community by making drinking challenges. Not only did this win over the local tribes, it also gained the (grunting) respect of the Space Wolfs after a drinking challenge was issued by Torbjron Tenstein which St. Bubas won (barely).  So, a Reaper monk model, I think that there is one with a barrel on his back holding up the stein, or just a plain pilth with a stein atop.

The long boxes of St. Kirby. as it sounds some  long comic book boxes, modeled with plastic card maybe with a kid modeled looking through one, or sitting next to the stack reading  "X-Men 1, D cover"

The three sisters. Three little girls playing at Battle Sisters, cardboard armor, one with a Super Sooker, one NERF rifle, one NERF pistol and a cardboard sword (GLITTER!), backpacks will be school backpacks w/ boxs taped on the side, one will Dora, one SpongeBob, and MLP, or some such combination of Heretic, Mutant, Xenos. Possible box behind the girls with Rhino scrawled on it.

Angel statue, NERF dart stuck to forehead. 

The three sisters. Three little girls playing at Battle Sisters, cardboard armor, one with a Super Sooker, one NERF rifle, one NERF pistol and a cardboard sword (GLITTER!), backpacks will be school backpacks w/ boxs taped on the side, one will Dora, one SpongeBob, and MLP, or some such combination of Heretic, Mutant, Xenos. Possible box behind the girls with Rhino scrawled on it.

Angel statue, NERF dart stuck to forehead.

You must do this! I love the idea sooo much

Other ideas, a push cart with HOLY ITEMS OF THE SAINTS (for sale)! Now you two can own the toe bone of Saint _____ ! Never mind that he's still alive! Only 3 gold Eagles! These things seem to show up in one form or other in the Black Library stories. Or heck just a New York style street lunch cart. "Red Hots, Red Hot, Hot Dogs right here! Never again have to vanquish the enemies of Mankind on an empty stomach!"

A little shrine, with a bolter behind glass. Sign over it "Break Glass In Case of Xenos, Witches, Heretics, Grey Knights, or Matt Ward."

As you can see, I like a little humor in things, a small joke that, if caught, will put a smile on my opponents face.  

As for ideas on numbering, modeled candles on the pilithes?

I agree Miko, plus I am not looking for puns.

The idea behind these was propaganda.

How does the Imperiam identify itself, as opposed to what the Imperiam really is.

That is why I used the Sanginator instead of Astorath.

The Sanginator is how the Imperiam would like to see itself.

Astorath is what the Imperium really is.

I like the idea of the original picture, though thats a ton of money sunk into objective markers, but for decoration that matches with sister I'd say add some candles to the bottom teir of the statues, number of candles for the objective number. If done right you could magnitize it so you could change back and forth for the game type.

Well if it's metaphors, the standard Enginseer, like Furyou MIko suggested, not the new guy one. Straight backed and HUMAN, no extra arms and a minimum of enhancements. The Human form is purity, the Human form is Blessed, the Human form is Enlightened.

As for the Cadian Trooper, I would see if you could enhance the size a bit, larger then life if you will, Heroic scale if you will. Oh and at Parade Rest.

Or for fun, an Administrative type clerk in an action pose (similar to the Commissar), faced froward, leading foot on a rock/ pile of books/ ork skull, paper pad in the crook of leading arm, pen posed in hand behind ear (think dart throwing), a grim look of determination on his face,  as if the next line committed to the paper will be the ultimate expression of Mankind, wind blowing back his robes and golden tresses. Don't forget the flowing locks =)   

Some of the ones that I'm planing.

Have you got a picture of that model? laugh.png

Ed: At whatever stage of development you have it?

... thats a ton of money sunk into objective markers...

Well no one said this hobby was cheap. I don't really think so, but I may have a warped perspective on the costs. I have wanted a Ravenwing themed dreadnought since I got into the hobby (2nd edition).

The kits used to make my 2 dreads are 1 dread, 1 Ironclad, 2 Thunder Fire Cannons, 2 Hydras, and a couple more bits that I traded for that I am not sure where they came from.

I don't want to think about how much money went into those dreads... But the finished product is awesome looking. On the ego side of it, no one in the world has one, and I have 2.

Archived