Codex dust jackets for Templars and others!

Kastor Krieg

Which software do you use to make these by the way?

Adobe Photoshop.

Are you, uh, getting permission on these? As an illustrator, I'd be kinda' pissed if I found out used my illustrations w/o even some linking to my work.

Obviously, these are simply snatched from Google Image Search. In many cases the author is unknown. Where possible and present, I retained signatures or links to deviantart profiles and such on the cover itself. In accordance to the law where I live (Poland), it's a legal use of someone's art, as long as the use creates a tertiary (derivative) work (which this obviously is) and the use is non-commercial in nature. It's a variant of the right to citation.

Should any of the artists request, I will take down the cover with their image, of course. If anyone can help identify authors and e.g. their deviantart profiles, or similar galleries that can be linked to as source, I will place the relevant information. Other than that, what I'm doing is fully legal. I've been asked by the Moderati to place the covers in the Download section, where they also reside now, so Forum Admins have nothing against this as well.

I'd like this statement to be the end of this topic in this thread. If you have any more questions about the intellectual property rights in UE and Poland, please send me a private message. Thank you. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Epic and beautiful stuff Kastor Krieg thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

heh i see the Fleshtearers up to their usual ...killing the allies after the main threats taken care of laugh.png ...ohmy.png ...unsure.png...ermm.gif oops!.

Darkangels,Ravenwing...?

Mithril

Thanks to Kastor's wonderful idea and work, a heap of us have been able to get some great looking dust covers, so I thought I would post some of the ones which I have been making for people as well. 

While the Templar and the Knights ones are obviously personalised, I can certainly modify them in a few seconds to remove those aspects and send you the file. 

Codex House Kildare

Kildrech Crusade Sample

Salamanders Sample

Little nitpick, Dono: Look at the Land Raider in the Salamanders Cover that is in the Foreground. The Sponson is cut in half/off.

Here's mine:

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o622/Marshal_Roujakis/codex%20jacket%201_zps136razbd.jpg

If you guys need anything specific I'll see what I can do...

EDIT: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS ONE BTW, THE SIZE IS WRONG AND HAVE BEEN ADJUSTED... WILL POST THE ADJUSTED VERSION ONCE I GET IT PRINTED

• 4 weeks later...

How about a Astral Claws one? or Badab War in general?

I second Badab War, or Red Scorpions specifically.  Haven't found a large enough image yet, but still searching.

Amazing work, and a great idea.  Thank you for your efforts.

Archived