Executioner gets hot rolls with preferred enemy.

Truesight

Had a rules question pop up in a game today, and I'm looking for some clarification.

If taking an executioner as a squad mate with Tank commander Pask, does the squads preferred enemy allow a re-roll of the gets hot dice for the executioner?

I thought it would, but since it isn't an attack my opponent thinks this may not be the case, any ideas from more experienced commanders?

The crux of it seems to be this rule, under Gets Hot:

Gets Hot and Re-rolls
If a model has the ability to re-roll its rolls To Hit (including because of BS6+ or the
Twin-linked special rule), a Wound is only suffered if the To Hit re-roll is also a 1; it may
also re-roll Gets Hot results of 1 for weapons that do not roll To Hit.

And this one,

Preferred enemy

A unit that contains at least one model with this special rule re-rolls failed To
Hit and To Wound rolls of 1 if attacking its Preferred Enemy. This applies both to
shooting and close combat attacks.

Yep, Preferred Enemy alows you to re-roll to hit rolls of 1, and the Gets Hot rule spesificly says as you quoted that re-rolls applies to Gets Hot for weapons that do not normally roll to hit.

Just remember, you have to declare which codex your counting Pask's Preferred Enemy against, via the IG Warlord Traits table.  If your opponent is playing multiple codices, this could become a factor!

Archived