Help with Emperor Childrens Traitor list.

mickyj

I have played 40k for about a year and just about finished my CSM army based on ECs.

Started looking for my next project and want to stay with the legion but in 30k.

Part of the reason is I have a Storm Eagle, Dreadclaw and Fellblade painted for the legion and think it gives a start to the army.

So I want to know what should I look to buy to make a fun fluffy and decent list for the legion?  Hopefuly using some or all of the models above.  Would like to make a model to represent Lucius.

A freind plays word beaers.  So someway to deal with the Gal Vorbak would be nice.

Currently have nothing so where should I start?

Thanks

Micky

Hi and welcome!

If you like playing on hard mode, youv come to the right place!

Being (probably) the weakest legion overall, they are definately not getting much help from their traits or units really.

Having tried different points levels with them, they are most effective at 2700+ as their legion outflanking becomes possible to use.

Depends what your style of play is tbh.

A good standard all round base for any legion is 2 squads of 15 tactical marines, with an apothecary in.

Then you can build off that. With ec you need a good 'anvil' to clang an effective 'hammer' against.

Personally I bubble wrap eidolon in 15 assault marines, but there are certainly other methods to use him.

I also use a dreadclaw to get my palatine blades close or within striking range. Supporting the assault squad.

My flanking units are either veterans with sniper and plasma guns, or a dreadnought claw with grav fists.

I love the vindicator laser destroyer, every time iv used it it's made its points back.

Of course you might play differently, but thats my take!

From what I have seen with emperors children positioning is everything, their special units have a very glass feel so from that and what I have experienced fulgrim is a pretty great primach for his price especially with fire blade, pheonix terminators although great models lack durability and if their transport is destroyed they won't survive for long against a competitive list, you have to guarantee you have the charge, palatine blades are interesting I have seen them wipe out 20 man tactical squads and terminator squads but are so easily shot to pieces, what I would suggest is running fulgrim and using that +2 combat resolution to make those assaults quick and break your enemies before they can hit back that's what I have found worked best against me ( I don't play emperors children but my friend does so I play them against them a lot)

Thank guys.  I have found some models cheap and got Fulgrim, 10 x Palatine Blades and 2 Apothecry

From waht I have read the MIV armour is most often used.  Was going to look at 30 tachs and some Praetors

What else should I look at to get going?  Im in the middle of a long 40k league and not looking to play much before the end of the year with these guys as I take my time building and painting them.

Archived