1K Mechanicum Cybernetica List

archarsonist

Well, I decided to go with mechanicum vice Salamanders. My reasoning is two fold, it is quite a bit cheaper to get a mechanicum force on the board than MK 3 marines with all the fixins. I also really like the cybernetica models, and think it will be a great hobby challenge. I also already have about 3.5K of 40k salamanders, and want to try something besides green. The ability to ally mechanicum with pretty much any faction in 30K will also give a lot of flexibility later down the line when I do start a legion army. Here is the list, I have all models on order except for the dominus. I am going to use the GW plastic dominus and scratchbuild an abeyant for him, I like that model more than any of the FW magos at this point.

HQ: Archmagos Dominus, power axe, archeotech pistol, machinator array, photon thruster cannon, abeyant, augury scanner, mechanicum protectiva, master crafted (he's beafy, weighs in at 205 pts, too much or just right?)

TR: Thallax Cohort x3 w/ multi melta and melta bombs

TR: Thallax Cohort x3 w/ photon thruster cannon and melta bombs

TR: Castellax Battle Automa, power blades, enhanced targeting array, paragon of metal

EL: Myrmidon Secutors x3, 2x maxim bolters, 2x phased plasma fusil, 2x graviton gun (to hang out with the dominus)

FA: Vorax Battle Automa x3, enhanced targeting array

I will have the models in about a month, and can not wait to start on these bad boys. I am not a super competitive player, and know that vorax aren't highly thought of. The model itself is amazing, and I think their special rules will fit into my play style. I figure this is a good start for zone mortalis and strike force games, and will decide once everything is complete whether I want to continue with mechanicum or start in on a legion. Thoughts are welcome.

Cheers,
Arch

Archived