Cult Mechanicus/Skatarii Painting Guides

I have both and my friends who are pretty close to being professional painters laugh at me for getting them lol!  I love them, since I am a hack painter they really do a good job breaking down the paint schemes for me to understand.  Tons of up close high quality photos too!  Plus they have extra fluff on some of the different Forge Worlds.

Here is what you get:

Legions of The Omnissiah (Skitarii Paint Guide) - 112 pages

Mars

Metalica

Crusaders of The Machine God (Cult Mechanicus Paint Guide) - 128 pages

Mars

Ryza

Metalica

Like I mentioned above I love them even though my scheme is Stygies VIII which unfortunately is not featured in the painting guides.

if they were prob half the price i'd get em dry.png reference material is always great as GW typically doesn't show some angles of models in the WD or codex and you end up scratching your head wondering what colour to paint such n such on the backpack or area not seen before...

Mithril

I have both and my friends who are pretty close to being professional painters laugh at me for getting them lol!  I love them, since I am a hack painter they really do a good job breaking down the paint schemes for me to understand.  Tons of up close high quality photos too!  Plus they have extra fluff on some of the different Forge Worlds.

Here is what you get:

Legions of The Omnissiah (Skitarii Paint Guide) - 112 pages

Mars

Metalica

Crusaders of The Machine God (Cult Mechanicus Paint Guide) - 128 pages

Mars

Ryza

Metalica

Like I mentioned above I love them even though my scheme is Stygies VIII which unfortunately is not featured in the painting guides.

Can you confirm the base colour for these forge worlds?  I am leaning towards just the Cult Mechanicus one but not sure.

I feel that the paint guides are somewhat overpriced for what you get. There are plenty of guides using the Citadel range online (Youtube, blogs, forums) so you can extrapolate the colors you'll need to get the scheme you want, and frankly the fact that they cover less than half the FWs available is relatively unforgivable. It's especially galling that Ryza was left out of the Skitarii Paint Guide! dry.png

I find them really helpful! I like the extra,fluff and the wealth of pictures...

Even though I am not painting any of the schemes present in the books I am still enjoying reading them (I also love Warhammer Visions though...)

As far as the CM book hoes a small write up of the magos of mars, matalicca and ryza live an a4 page each and an a4 illustration of each magos with some annotation to points of interest - then perhaps 3/4 pages of info about important units...

Archived