Conversion bits

CyderPirate

Hey folks, I need some bitz to convert up some historic cav models to make them look more 40k.

Aside from grenades and holsters from plastic GW kits, does anyone know of anywhere that I can get the likes of saddle bags and stowage?

Marine scout models (and the scout bike) have some good bitz, as do the Empire Pistoliers, but if you're looking for non-GW then I'm sure our other members have some good suggestions...

Presumably they'll be Rough Riders? So maybe some guitar wire added to lances to make them look more tech-y?

Auspexes are usually around in most people's bitz boxes, if you've got them could stick one on somewhere?

How about making some of the horses bionic legs, like the SW Thunderwolves? Either use Thundercav leg bits or if they're not the right scale, maybe necron bits?

Perry Miniatures has a bunch of less "heroic" scale stowage and such.  Take a look a their plastic and resin kits on their site; you can usually find the same bits at the various wargame retailers for cheaper, too.

Archived