how are you guys holding up in 7th?

Full_ork

People seem to have this skewed mind set that a good army is one that takes less thought to win with. That's kind of sad.

GKs are a master class army, an army that rewards it's player when the player makes less mistakes than their opponent. If you are looking for a point and click army, GK are not for you. If you are looking for an army that drives you to be a better player, then welcome to the Brotherhood.

SJ

Interest stuff.

Basicly to respond to you guys.

I'm mostly a casual player, but the local club has become more compedative. Which is ok, but even though I love how the greyknight models look, I don't want to invest in an army that struggles to win. So that's why I made this thread to get an idea of where you guys stand.

If you're going to a club that's 'competitive' they'll probably be using allies/multiple detachments or formations. If you want to be 'competitive' then you'll want to do this as well, and if you play GK you're playing the 'Imperium of Man' faction to all intents and purposes.

By far the most common build is a Nemesis Strike force with Draigo to taxi around allied Centurions

You can play mono GK, but keep in mind you'll be handicapping yourself compared to other players.

Overall I am doing very well. Recently I went to a 1000 point tournament and took this:

HQ: 

Librarian-110

-Stock

Troops:

Terminator Squad- 195

-Hammer and psycannon 

Fast Attack:

Interceptor Squad - 135

-Incinerator 

Heavy Support 

Dreadknight x2 - 215

-H. Incinerator, H. Psycannon, Tele.

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor- 119

-Terminator armor, psyker, psycannon, servo skull x3

I ended up going 3-0 but ended up taking 3rd place due to a parring error and due to me not scoring enough objectives. I ended up tableing all my opponents by turn 2. Most of my losses are due to poor Maelstrom cards or me taking a silly list (like drop pod purgation squads), which was hilarious but didn't have much affect after the initial drop. 

Forgive me for wording it how I did, though it doesn't seem like any of you were offended.

I play black templars, orks, and dark eldar. I'm interested in Greyknights, and this thread is alot of helpfull information, but I just didn't want to invest in an army that might suffer as much as Dark Eldar and Orks do.

Overall I am doing very well. Recently I went to a 1000 point tournament and took this:

HQ: 

Librarian-110

-Stock

Troops:

Terminator Squad- 195

-Hammer and psycannon 

Fast Attack:

Interceptor Squad - 135

-Incinerator 

Heavy Support 

Dreadknight x2 - 215

-H. Incinerator, H. Psycannon, Tele.

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor- 119

-Terminator armor, psyker, psycannon, servo skull x3

I ended up going 3-0 but ended up taking 3rd place due to a parring error and due to me not scoring enough objectives. I ended up tableing all my opponents by turn 2. Most of my losses are due to poor Maelstrom cards or me taking a silly list (like drop pod purgation squads), which was hilarious but didn't have much affect after the initial drop. 

How did you get away with one troop choice? Did the tournament have special rules, or does the detachment only need one troop?

My friend who plays GK has the opinion that TDA units are a waste of points in todays AP2-rich meta. He has been creating multiples of NSF with 1 GM, 10-man strike squad (often combat squaded), and 1 dread knight (it works out to ~720pts). From a practical stand point, he rarely loses, and I play Space Wolves, and I've seen him win against quite a few other armies. The insane number of psycannon and storm bolter shots is just frustrating, and the heavy incinerator is just annoying at its ability to target the back row units, like my long fangs. While I get my armor saves most of the time, my guys tend to die under the weight of bullets, even my TDA models. Combine that with a heavy psilencer(sp) with force, and I rarely bother with cavalry against him, as more often than not, they just die before they can begin to get their points worth of kills.

My friend who plays GK has the opinion that TDA units are a waste of points in todays AP2-rich meta. He has been creating multiples of NSF with 1 GM, 10-man strike squad (often combat squaded), and 1 dread knight (it works out to ~720pts). From a practical stand point, he rarely loses, and I play Space Wolves, and I've seen him win against quite a few other armies. The insane number of psycannon and storm bolter shots is just frustrating, and the heavy incinerator is just annoying at its ability to target the back row units, like my long fangs. While I get my armor saves most of the time, my guys tend to die under the weight of bullets, even my TDA models. Combine that with a heavy psilencer(sp) with force, and I rarely bother with cavalry against him, as more often than not, they just die before they can begin to get their points worth of kills.

This is a great post.... quantity is a form of quality on its own. I still prefer to take Terminators.... always have, but as I mentioned so many times, the way the meta is changing for me, I really think this is the way to go.

Archived